Notices

Day Three thoughts

Old 08-31-2012, 04:15 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day Three thoughts

I'm proud and happy to be ending my day three, but feeling different than I have on my previous "day threes" (and there have been many). My sleep is still pretty great, and I am so thankful for real rest rather than just passing out (I can't wait for bed each night!). But I am absolutely exhausted...at work I feel it but I'm too busy to really acknowledge it, but once I get home, I am so tired and sluggish I don't want to do anything. Also, my head feels so "thick", it's the only way I can describe it..not a headache, not painful, just kind of full.

My trigger is right after work, so I immediately get a non/a drink I like, and eat something, even if it's dinner at 4:30. That really seems to help. I also went the store yesterday and didn't even look down the wine aisle.

Occassionally, I will consider drinking (just some wine, or few beers)- I guess that's my "voice"..and I just shoot it down, "NO< I'm not going back to that".

So I'm picking my daughter up at 10pm tonight from a game...something I could never, ever do. And that feels good. It all feels good, despite my exhaustion!

I'm not really feeling peaceful, still at the "I just want to get through it phase". But I know it will come, and I'm going to keep going until it does.

It's going to be a sober 3-day weekend!
Old 08-31-2012, 04:21 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

great stuff forabetterlife
have a good weekend

D
Old 08-31-2012, 04:46 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Wonderful! I remember the 'I just want to get through it' phase and it's not fun, but know that you never have to go through it again.
Old 08-31-2012, 05:17 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Keep it up. Your doing something awesome for yourself. These physical symptoms will pass. Soon enough you'll be feeling better. Keep posting.