Notices

Day 3 folks...

Old 08-31-2012, 10:41 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 3 folks...

Hey all,

Just woke up, I couldn't fall asleep until 6 this morning. Still only the 1 or 2 hours of sleep at a time, it seems like just enough time to have a super vivid dream about drinking, then wake up mad at myself. Until I realize it was just a dream, then I feel a little better. I am experiencing a very odd feeling this morning...hunger!! I realized I'm actually hungry and want some breakfast, coffee and juice, not just booze. It was weird because I woke up feeling like I had to vomit again and figured I was gonna be nauseous/vomiting all day...when I stood up my stomach let out the loudest and longest growl I have ever heard, guess I should get some food. I'm gonna go get that breakfast.

My big dilemma today is I have to tell my younger brother what's going on. We are really close and it is not hard to be honest with each other. I just feel like since he has always looked up to me and I have become such a mess and hiding how much I'm drinking that I have let him down or something. He just moved and I was supposed to come over today and check his new place out, then we were gonna go see the band moe at a local brewery by his house. After that show he is playing with his band at another local bar out there. I know there is no way I could go to those shows tonight and not have a drink, it's a suicide mission. I hope he understands. moe is playing in my town in November and I'm thinking about buying him a ticket and making that my first sober show. He is gonna play more shows with his band that I'll be able to see, but I don't know if I will have another chance at getting sober if I go back to booze. I'm sure he'll be disappointed but I hope he understands, I think he knows something has been up in the last couple of months. I decided to be honest with myself, now it's time for the ones I love.

Thanks for being here guys, seriously.

peace
Kyleg
Old 08-31-2012, 10:44 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Run to live... live to run

Honesty is always important. I'm sure he will understand if you guys are close. I'm sure he wants the best for you. You can go to shows and be sober, you just have to have a pretty good plan for how you will deal with things before you step foot in the door.

Hang in there. You are doing great!
Old 08-31-2012, 11:52 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

day 3

Sounds a sencible idea to steer clear of the boozey places for a while, i avoided the drink aisle in the store for a couple of months as that was a habitual place for me to linger before .

I went to a concert after 6 months and it was fine (judas priest), no one noticed i was'nt drinking and it was nice to drive home in safety not drunk on public transport .

Bestwishes, M
Old 08-31-2012, 12:05 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

I did find it necessary to keep away from drinking places early on
Even if I did not drink...the whole deal made me want to..

I think being honest is vital to my recovery....good to know you are
going to speak up to your brother.

Welcome to our recovery community...
Old 08-31-2012, 08:44 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Powerless over Alcohol

Hope your day went well, Its almost 12 so in fifteen minutes you have to start day 4

Keep going strong..
Old 08-31-2012, 10:56 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thanks guys...
Talked to my brother, he was very happy...expressed that he had wanted to say something, just didn't know how...It's weird when you know someone else realizes how messed up you are but they don't say anything..
I also told my best friend what was going on...he was also extremely supportive, parents next...
Gonna fix my bike tomorrow...
I keep having urges to do very strange things, like, clean the house, exercise, take vitamins and eat food that is good for my body..
Not vomiting, nausea is almost completely subsided, shaking is down from tremors to an almost steady hand, still sweating a lot and kinda chilly/skin crawly feeling...
We'll see how this sleep thing goes tonight..
I think I may have even genuinely smiled today...lets see what day 4 has to say..

peace
Kyle G
Old 08-31-2012, 11:20 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Powerless over Alcohol

Awesome I always really started to feel better around day 4 and 5. As far as gettting hungry stuff .. Sweating in my sleep lasts a good week. And good for you on shaking thats awesome. I unfortunatley still shake every now and then. Due to nerve damage from all the years of abuse..

Keep resting and youll feel better, then get busy in a program hopefully.

I use AA and wouldnt be around here without it..