Notices

You Don't Have To Be Drunk To Be A Fool

Old 08-29-2012, 01:52 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

You Don't Have To Be Drunk To Be A Fool

I was at a store closing my door and it was dinging and as I slammed it it struck me keys. But then it was funny because I was sober so I had to blame it on stupidity. Last night I tripped on a rug and it was like the same thing. Not the drink or the drug just human.
Old 08-29-2012, 01:53 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Love it!
Old 08-29-2012, 01:56 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Its_me_jen

Yes, after I sobered up, I learned I'm a total klutz. Always dropping things and tripping. It's never a dull moment.
Old 08-29-2012, 02:16 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

The really funny thing in being sober and responsible I could watch Rocky 3 and remember it. Why would i want that? I called my mom today witch i didn't used to do and got her laughing. I thought a drink or a laugh, close call but I realized I was having fun. You guys know me, been here a lot but today feels right. I feel grown up, maybe not. I might practice funny faces.
Old 08-29-2012, 02:23 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Zee

Its funny this thread has come up.
I was thinking the same thing the other day.
I went to a petrol station to fill up my car. Went in to pay... pulled the door instead of pushed, slammed the door into a poor woman behind me... apologised profusely, turned round and walked into some shelves! What a complete numpty!!!
Good thread!
Old 08-29-2012, 02:29 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Zee View Post
Its funny this thread has come up.
I was thinking the same thing the other day.
I went to a petrol station to fill up my car. Went in to pay... pulled the door instead of pushed, slammed the door into a poor woman behind me... apologised profusely, turned round and walked into some shelves! What a complete numpty!!!
Good thread!
Just noticed your date in your signature: congratulations on a full year sober!
Old 08-29-2012, 02:36 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

so maybe a good thread. What's good. not bad? I read SR sometimes, I just cry. But we're people brothers and sisters. There has to be fun and joy or what's the point? Last night when I tripped I fell down and started laughing. I thought the worst thing, I remember it and my nose hurts. tell me what's good, what makes you laugh.
Old 08-29-2012, 02:38 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Its_me_jen

OMG Zee. That's my life too! I can laugh about it now. It's something I would have used as an excuse to drink back in the day. Thank god I don't do that today!

And yes, laughing is important. It can be a life saver.

It's still Aug. 29 where I am but congrats Zee!!
Old 08-29-2012, 02:56 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
...not falling down them

I tripped over the rug today. "No I'm not drinking"

lol
Old 08-29-2012, 03:28 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Zee

What made me laugh... was nearly a year ago... I was in hospital. I was in a gastric ward and there were alot of old ladies in there... some were real characters. There was one next to me, maybe had a bit of dementia, not sure. She was as miserable as sin, had selective hearing and was moaning constantly. Bearing in mind, I was about 2 weeks into my detox, I was being fed with a tube... blah blah, but my spirits were quite good. It was 6 in the morning, the nurses always woke us up to have our blood pressure and blood sugars checked. Usually it was a lovely chinese lady, very quietly spoken and kind, but one particular day, there was obviously a student nurse, who looked like Usain Bolt, very dark skinned and massive doing the morning rounds... I had all mine done, all ok, then he went next door... all I heard was AAArrrgggghhhh!!! I nearly fell out of bed with laughter... obviously not what this little old lady was expecting!

Also, she was asked if she wanted some apple pie for pudding, she replied...'whats in it'... gahhhh hahaha!!!

One of the Doctors doing his rounds saw a lady with a recently swollen leg.... 'how long have you had this leg?' gahhh hahaha!!!!

For someone who was quite ill and spent a month in hospital.... I had quite a laugh!
Old 08-29-2012, 07:43 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

i realized alcohol was only a lil portion why my memory sucks.:rotfxko but i just remembered i dont know where my car keys are.