Please Welcome Tazo

Old 08-28-2012, 09:01 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Please Welcome Tazo

I am so confused. I have been with my husband for 26 years. We have kids together and my kids from another marriage, and grandkids. 26 years of walking on eggshells, forgiving, letting him sober up, working through it, and now that he has been diagnosed with bipolar disorder a year ago, has increased his drinking, has legal drugs to abuse, has become so confused and disorientated that the was no choice but to place him on a protective hold. Now that he is in treatment (only 2 days now) they let him keep calling me. He is still confused, but clear when he claims he wants me to help him through this. I am tired, feeling guilty. My friends and family want me to get out now. I am so confused. I believe he does love me. Friends know that he really is a good person, but I know that I can't help him and I am afraid. I don't doubt his love for me, but I don"t even know who I am anymore.
Old 08-28-2012, 01:47 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

((tazo)) - Welcome to SR though I am sorry for what has brought you here. I hope you read around the "stickies" (posts at the top of this forum) and other posts. You will find out you are not alone. The people here have gotten me through some really rough times, and I hope you will find the same.

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 08-28-2012, 01:53 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Living in a Pinkful Place

welcome to our SR family

hate so much you & your family are dealing with this horrid disease ~

I pray that you will find help, love & support here as you seek answers for what is best for you!

PINK HUGS,
Rita
Old 08-28-2012, 01:58 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR!!

So many of us here have been in your shoes and share many of the same feelings as you do. There is alot of knowledge on these boards.

At the top there are amany stickies / posts. That is a good place to start reading.

(((Hugs)))
Old 08-28-2012, 02:22 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Getting there!!

Welocme to SR! You have come to right place for support. We truly understand!!

It's time to find YOU again and joining here is a great start!!
Old 08-28-2012, 04:25 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

My apologies, I accidentally locked this thread...ooops...'scuse me.

Old 08-28-2012, 05:06 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Welcome, Tazo. You have come to a safe, loving, empowering place. I'm sorry you're going through so much, and have gone through so much in the past.

NAMI (National Alliance for the Mentally Ill) is a very helpful organization to contact. There may be meetings in your area. It was very helpful to me when my sister was first diagnosed with Bipolar I. She has been stabilized on medication for more than 15 years, and is a highly successful and accomplished BSN, now a supervising case manager in hospice. Our father was diagnosed as paranoid schizophrenic with manic-depressive tendencies, also severely alcoholic, back in the mid-seventies, when there were not as many resources or advances in pharmaceuticals and neuroscience as today. Real, effective help is available today.

I am also the mother of a 21-year-old RAS, so I have kind of been around quite a few blocks of psychiatric/addiction/alcoholic issues. You are not alone. Where there is life, there is hope. Keep posting here, and reach out for all the help you can get.

Blessings to you and peace.
Old 08-28-2012, 07:19 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

It is difficult to go for help, but I am and I have. In my family, we were taught that family business was private and outside help was not necessary, you work it out with your family. Needless to say, that doesn't work. My family was my only resource and the advice was to "just leave". I wanted to reach out when my kids were younger, they of course had many issues going up in this environment, but his addiction had control of the situation and I let it. It has only been about 3 years now that I decided to start standing up for myself, but it has been difficult. I have a great job, I can be financially independent (I would probably have more money), I have a BSN also, for over 20 years. Yet, I feel lost. I think he really wants help this time, but of course he had no choice. This time though, I am going for help. I was glad to find this site. I don't know much about this type of thing -blogging or whatever it is called-but I felt like this may help and hopefully I can return the favor someday. I do have a lot of family and friends supporting me (and him) right now, and they all know that he needs help and they are not backing down either which helps. They know I need to work on me, but oddly that doesn't seem like enough. Thank you for being on here and thank you Praying Mama, I will check out NAMI.