Notices

Last day today

Old 08-27-2012, 05:31 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Last day today

Well today is my last day of drinking. I've switched from spirits to beer and reduced as sensibly as possible but somehow I feel terrified.

I'm staying with family right now who are helping me with my reduction and giving it to me at certain times but irrationally accused them this morning of trying to keep me prisoner and control my life when they suggested I didn't go to the shop alone today. I begged them for help for goodness sake!

I'm having the panic that goes along with trying to start all over again (even though I desperately want to be free of alcohol). Just had a mad frantic search for any alcohol I may have hidden because I know it's the last day today. Collapsed in tears when I didn't find any. Anyone ever think they're going insane? That's what alcohol does to you isn't it? I should know this by now!!
Old 08-27-2012, 05:32 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Insane? Yes, absolutely. But it gets better.
Old 08-27-2012, 05:35 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Yeah...I thought I was going insane....I have a better idea for you...Why don't you dump out what you have and ask one of those family members to go to an AA meeting with you....You don't have to say a word...Just listen to some people that are dealing with the same thing you are...And doing something about it.....No reason not to start now.
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Everyone is scared at first TM - it's a big step - but you're not alone and we all know how you feel.

Don't hesitate to see a Dr if you feel concerned at any time, tho, if only to put your mind at ease.

D
  # 5 (permalink)  
Thriving sober since 12/18/08

Honestly, that's a miserable burden to place on your family.. they aren't qualified to provide detox or treatment... ya know? Please see a doctor for some guidance on how to quit safely. Have you thought about rehab? Meetings? Counseling?
Old 08-27-2012, 06:46 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
fgo

tm75.
I definatly felt like i was losing my mind when i first stopped.. Try to keep in mind that the true insanity is to keep drinking. Do what it takes to quit, it is worth it.