Notices

Two weeks sober fought temptations

Old 08-26-2012, 08:42 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Learning to LIve

Thumbs up Two weeks sober fought temptations

Being sober is sooo tiring..I have had a pretty good fortnight..I have found it challenging not to be grumpy at my kids...some days just finding time out to relax can be sooo hard...it was sooo much quicker with a glass of wine. Walking the dog more regularly is helping...
I surpised myself a few times this week. My number was picked out in a raffle at work and I took a playground duty prize instead of the bottle of wine prize ...the gasp of surpise from the staff was a crack up..then my second number got called and I called for a redraw till someone else got the bloody bottle of wine..I had a trip away for my daughters sport this weekend..sharing a motel room with daughters coach I have known for years but never been in a drinking situation with..she had a bottle of wine in the fridge ( I was dreading this scenario)..when she commented I managed to utter "I am trying to be good" thankfully she did not open the wine...we sat up till late chatting I drank a lot of herbal teas..
After a 4 hour trip home I would have loved a low alcohol beer but I boiled the kettle. AV keeps asking me if I can drink in moderation...What do I do with the 3/ 4 case of low alcohol beer I have in the kitchen...I thought I would have drank it before I stopped drinking...coming home after summer sport it is going to be really hard to boil the kettle ...anyway just wanted to share...
Cheer
Old 08-26-2012, 09:33 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Great job! You are building up your sober muscles!
Old 08-27-2012, 01:21 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

What do I do with the 3/ 4 case of low alcohol beer I have in the kitchen...
put it down the sink or in the trash.
Having a drink will only give you poor rest, you're tired now because your body is now getting the deep rest it requires . I slept 10 or 11 hours a night when i first gave up for about a month. I found Long cool showers and having a bedtime routine helped me genuinely relax as does swimming for 1/2 hour .

Bestwishes, M
Old 08-27-2012, 01:32 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

your doing so well ... 2 weeks is great especially as you have had to face some tricky situations... turning away from the wine and alcohol in your house shows how determined you are... I don't think i could have stayed sober with alcohol still in the house..

can you give the alcohol away maybe to a charity to raffle away? that way your doing something good with it rather than just pouring it down the sink xx
Old 08-27-2012, 01:34 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Super...
Old 08-27-2012, 03:08 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Learning to LIve

Bluegem
There will always be alcohol in my house due to AH which is probably why I have kept the Low Alcohol beer as my favorite spirits and red wine will always be there and tempting me.
Cheers