Notices

Quick update

Old 08-25-2012, 03:46 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Quick update

Hey guys, just wanted to stop by and give a quick update on what's been going on in my life. I have 97 sober days today and I'm as proud as can be. We had my dad's dog Tony put down and it was harder than I could ever imagine but I got through it sober. I got to carry him in, talk to him and pet him and carry him out. It was a very sad day but to my surprise drinking never crossed my mind. Then a few days ago I found out that I am pregnant with my 5th child. Although totally unexpected this is a blessing and we are all very excited. I know I won't drink while pregnant or even think about it (never have during my other pregnancies). The day I found out I also gave up smoking. Now we have to find a bigger place to live and a bigger vehicle to fit all of us. Things are slowly falling into place. I hope everyone has a safe and happy weekend. I am being send to my room so the kids can plan a secret fun filled day for me on my birthday
Old 08-25-2012, 03:48 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

chiyo,
Congratulations are in order....a birthday,sobriety and a new child
Old 08-25-2012, 03:50 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm sorry for the loss of Tony - but congrats on your pregnancy and your sober time, Chiyo...and happy birthday

D
Old 08-25-2012, 03:51 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Great news, Chiyo. It's a wonderful (and surprising) feeling when drinking no longer crosses our minds as an answer. All those years, I thought I'd never survive without having it to turn to.

Very sorry about Tony - but you handled it gracefully. Congratulations on the new family member.
Old 08-25-2012, 04:01 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Chiyo....Sorry about Tony....But you just made my day....You should be very proud...Happy Birthday!!!
Old 08-25-2012, 04:42 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
JWS

Congrats on the baby and 97 days.
Old 08-25-2012, 05:00 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I was in the city today, Chiyo, I should have come around and given you a big hug !!

All the best.

Bob R
Old 08-25-2012, 05:01 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by chiyo View Post
Hey guys, just wanted to stop by and give a quick update on what's been going on in my life. I have 97 sober days today and I'm as proud as can be. We had my dad's dog Tony put down and it was harder than I could ever imagine but I got through it sober. I got to carry him in, talk to him and pet him and carry him out. It was a very sad day but to my surprise drinking never crossed my mind. Then a few days ago I found out that I am pregnant with my 5th child. Although totally unexpected this is a blessing and we are all very excited. I know I won't drink while pregnant or even think about it (never have during my other pregnancies). The day I found out I also gave up smoking. Now we have to find a bigger place to live and a bigger vehicle to fit all of us. Things are slowly falling into place. I hope everyone has a safe and happy weekend. I am being send to my room so the kids can plan a secret fun filled day for me on my birthday
WOW, I'm on my 97th day too! Congratulations on your new blessing on the way...
Old 08-25-2012, 05:18 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congratulations on your 97 days sober, and on your pregnancy. How wonderful!

I'm so sorry that you lost your beloved Tony.
Old 08-25-2012, 07:13 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Thanks for the update. I've thought about you and Tony a few times since you had posted about the situation several weeks ago. So sorry for your loss but glad you dealt with it appropriately. Typing about having to do the same with our 17 year old Rat Terrier about 9 months ago really got to me. Made think that I hadn't really properly nor completely grieved about that as I had been drinking up until about a month ago. Glad I also dealt with that tough day sober though.

Contrats on your 97 days and the blessed news! Sounds like you are in a good place to appreciate and deal with everything. Very happy for you.