Notices

2nd time this A.M. is this my new addiction?

Old 08-24-2012, 06:01 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

2nd time this A.M. is this my new addiction?

Ok I really need to get started on my housework and there are things to do even though its early I have plenty of time, on my 6th day of not binge drinking today and no facebook because thats my other addiction lol now I am wondering am I addicted to these forums here? lol seriously This is my 2nd time on here this morning but I felt so compelled to thank every one of you for your honesty and bluntness in telling your situations it such a big help It tells me I am not alone and there is hope in recovery thank you so much
Old 08-24-2012, 06:13 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Don't worry about swapping out the new downtime for other more benign addictions. I'm on day 94 and the first 30 to 45 days of not drinking I filled my time with all sorts of meaningless (some expensive) new addictions.

- I read these boards most of the day.
-I shopped for tons of things I didn't need.
-I played video games.
-I read.
-I went out to dinner every single night (still paying off the credit cards on this one).
-I started jogging every day.
-Etc.

Most of these sort of mellowed out on there own after I figured out how to handle the new free time that not drinking allowed. I still run and read these boards though. Congrats on your sober time.
Old 08-24-2012, 06:43 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Well at least you can say it's not a self destructive addiction.. I've recognized my bad addictions, ie, sex/love addiction and I've learned my lesser evils- GUMMY BEARS... But I can't deal with the other bad addiction until I've worked through the steps of AA... But then again, I have an addictive personality...
Old 08-24-2012, 03:39 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

I've never seen SR as an addiction...it enriches my life, it doesn't take away from it, I'm proud to be here and not ashamed, and I'm reaching out to others, not isolating.

It's precisely what my addiction wasn't

It's natural to spend a lot of time here at first. I was amazed and relieved that people 'got' me. I wasn't alone

Naturally tho, if you thought being here was stopping you from your responsibilities then maybe that's worth looking at, but I think most of us are ok on that score

D