Notices

day 3 for the third time this month

Old 08-22-2012, 07:18 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

day 3 for the third time this month

Hey everyone
I'm back on day 3 again. This has been a crazy roller coaster. And one I am ready to get off of for good. Drinking is exhausting. Withdrawals are horrible and I am ready and excited to be healthy and sober. I feel better physically every day I don't drink." I know it is hard as hell to stay sober, but I will not stop trying until I get it right. I owe it to myself and my kids.
Old 08-22-2012, 07:31 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

And how do you plan to stay sober?

All the best.

Bob R
Old 08-22-2012, 07:41 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Sober Alcoholic

I had to start asking myself what was going to be different this time around. I found a lesson in every failure, and that was good, because I knew I was making progress. Eventually I had to admit that I kept falling into the same traps. I needed help. I would suggest you look into one of the many programs and/or methods discussed here and save yourself a lot of misery. Best wishes.
Old 08-22-2012, 07:48 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

ca3726-

The fact that you keep getting back on the horse counts for something. Now you have to start fine tuning things so that you stay on for the ride and don't get thrown off!

From what I've read, day 3 is the hardest part of the physical withdrawal, so if you can get past this hump things will start to calm down physically.
Old 08-22-2012, 07:49 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I am learning all I can about AVRT and am asking for support from my family and friends. I also plan on rereading the Big Book and looking for AA meetings in my area, although last time I attended AAit wasn't a good fit for me and I had panic attacks each time I went to a meeting. I figure there have to be groups around here that I would feel more comfortable in. I am also exercising and trying to eat well and get healthy. If anyone has any other advice or suggestions they would be very welcome. I feel like I've learned so much from all of you and plan to continue learning all that I can.
Old 08-22-2012, 07:51 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
fgo

Roller coasters are only fun for so long... If I can do it so can you.
Old 08-22-2012, 08:05 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
fgo

ca.... everything i have learned about stopping drinking comes down to one thing.. I wont pick up that next drink and I will not change my mind. the key word is I because nobody else can make me stop. There are so many great people and tools here on sr. if it werent for this site i might still be drinking. I made the choice. Now im here twice a day because i value the support. you can do it.
Old 08-22-2012, 08:10 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Thank you all for the support. I can and will do this.
Old 08-23-2012, 04:08 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

HI ca3726. Well done you for picking yourself back up again and getting back on the wagon. Yes you can do this and you will if you want to do it badly enough. Just be honest with yourself and you're half way there.

Big hugs

Gxxx