Notices

Question about post acute withdrawal syndrome

Old 08-22-2012, 12:48 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Question about post acute withdrawal syndrome

I've been reading about this and wonder if it would even apply to me. At my worst I was doing four to six shots a night, 2-3 times a week, but for the last seven or so years I have been a weekend drinker. Never experienced withdrawals outside of a hangover.

I smoked marijuana a LOT more than I drank, if I had it I would use it every night, and that has been the most difficult thing to stay away from, more so than alcohol.

In the seven years I've been drinking and smoking I've never gone more than twelve weeks without one or the other, so I'm not exactly sure what a "Normal" Life should feel like. I'm not really worried, just curious if I would have PAWS or not. I'm not sure I would really notice it since I have been living this way for so long.
Old 08-22-2012, 05:35 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

what makes you think you have PAWS Admiral?

D
Old 08-22-2012, 07:52 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

PAWS, I think, s reserved for the long-time, hardcore, double-whammy alcoholic addicts like me!

PAWS can't even be diagnosed until you are sober for many months. For me, it kicked in at six months, and I was on 20 milligrams of Klonopin a day for years and downing them with a dozen of so beers a day.

I wouldn't worry about it. Getting beyond a few weeks of sobriety would be my concern.