Letting go of the "dream"

Old 08-22-2012, 04:06 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Letting go of the "dream"

I will be finding out today if AH has been approved for his new apartment (they had to do credit check etc). If you pray, please pray for me that he gets this apartment! He can move in 9/1 if approved.

I have no doubt that I am doing the right thing, for me and my son. I am doing all I can to stay strong and work on myself, even in this weird holding pattern in his getting out of my life and home. I am addressing the loss of my dream right now. You know, the one where we all live happily ever after, that our son grows up with 2 parents with love and joy blah blah blah. Nope. Not happening.

This has been a really long road...and I am turning off this road and taking a better one-finally. I have left him 3 times before and this is the end, the final split. No more chances or hope of fixing it-I am done with this. But it really hurts to lose the dream. And that is what it was, a dream, never reality. So sad. But, I have to grieve and let it go. I guess I am saying that letting go of the dream is harder than the upheaval of separation and all that goes with it. One day at a time....
Old 08-22-2012, 04:17 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hugs. Reality just really bites sometimes!
Old 08-22-2012, 04:19 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Sending you prayers for strength, acceptance and continued growth and recovery.

The road your on is hard right now but it will get easier!!
Old 08-22-2012, 04:51 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I'm not a praying person, but I am sending all my positive thoughts that your AH does get his apartment. And even more positive thoughts and supportive wishes for you as you take your journey on your new road.

I know how hard that is (I told my AH to leave 6 months ago). I can so relate to the pain of the loss of the dream. I have felt grief for that loss wash over me in huge waves at times and sometimes it hits me as hard as a steam train hurtling down the tracks and it knocks me flat - but those times don't last for ever. And the road you are on is a healthy one and the one that gives you and your loved ones the best possible outlook. One day at a time and one step at a time on that road. You are doing the right thing.

Sending you peace and love - you deserve happiness.
Old 08-22-2012, 05:05 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by keepingmyjoy1 View Post
But it really hurts to lose the dream. And that is what it was, a dream, never reality. So sad. But, I have to grieve and let it go. I guess I am saying that letting go of the dream is harder than the upheaval of separation and all that goes with it. One day at a time....
Oh keepingmyjoy, I feel every bit of your sadness - I am going through it all right now - and what you have said above sums it up so well.

I think I let go of my AH a long time ago, but it's everything else that my leaving entails that is going to hurt over the coming days, weeks and months.

Thank you for this, and for the reminder that it's one day at a time. We can't do any more than that. Sending you as much hugs as I can muster, and I will keep you in my thoughts.

Adventure x
Old 08-22-2012, 05:31 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

keepingmyjoy - its not going to be easy for next next while, but when the dust settles you will see and believe you have done the right thing.
I wish you and your boys every happiness and peace
m
M.
Old 08-22-2012, 06:16 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Hugs.
Old 08-22-2012, 07:43 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Hi,
I'm sorry, I understand how letting go of the dream is difficult. You may need to go through a grieving process for a while, but the dreams were just dreams and your man was not who you needed him to be. I have been very sad too, my therapist said it may take a while to recover so I'm just letting all the feelings come up no matter how painful, in hopes that I will heal faster.

((hugs))
Old 08-22-2012, 08:16 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I was just telling someone here how much I miss the dream. I know its not real, and I don't miss the reality of what my life was. But the dream....yeah...that's the hardest to give up.

Big hugs today.
~T
Old 08-22-2012, 08:22 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Living in a Pinkful Place

prayers of strength courage and wisdom as you walk this new path ~

PINK HUGS,
Rita
Old 08-22-2012, 10:23 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Good for you for being strong for your son. I'm just starting this journey, I hope to be strong like you. (((Hugs)))
Old 08-22-2012, 06:54 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

There was and is much about my life that I never dreamed of. Letting go of "the dream" is hard.

When you do, you make room for lots of wonderful times.

(((HUGS)))
Old 08-23-2012, 05:34 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

I totally get it...that dream is still holding me here...I still can't let go of it...that is the hardest part...
Old 08-23-2012, 05:37 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
To thine own self be true.

Come back to reality.