Profile of Alcoholic Addictive Behavior

Old 08-21-2012, 10:58 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Profile of Alcoholic Addictive Behavior

It is articles like this that are saving my sanity. The more I realize I was dealing with an addict the less I have to blame myself for everything that went wrong. I hope you all find it helpful too. This is my ex to a "T"

Co-dependence and Recovery: Profile of Alcoholic Addictive Behavior - *****! Voices - voices.*****.com
Old 08-22-2012, 12:59 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Ziggy B, thanks for the link to the article. Also perfectly described AH. I then click on "How to tell if you spouse is an alcoholic," and "10 signs your becoming an alcoholic." AH didn't fit either description. He is very high functioning. I think he is developing pancreatitis, but he still goes to work 50-60 hours a week in a very demanding job. I hope someone doesn't judge their possible alcoholic by only those list.
Old 08-22-2012, 03:28 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Excellent article! Very true in my case.
Old 08-22-2012, 07:37 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Wahine View Post
Ziggy B, thanks for the link to the article. Also perfectly described AH. I then click on "How to tell if you spouse is an alcoholic," and "10 signs your becoming an alcoholic." AH didn't fit either description. He is very high functioning. I think he is developing pancreatitis, but he still goes to work 50-60 hours a week in a very demanding job. I hope someone doesn't judge their possible alcoholic by only those list.
Mine was more high functioning as well. Somehow managed to hold it together and make it to work as well as have friends, he just took all out on me. :-/
Old 08-22-2012, 08:33 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

"High functioning" is not a type of addict. It is a stage of addiction. How long it lasts varies on the individual, but the end result is addicts become non-functioning as the disease progresses.