im alive!

Old 08-21-2012, 03:50 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

im alive!

Havent posted in awhile because I've been so busy and unable to get my thoughts in order to update you all! I'm at work, so this will be brief until i have more time. Celebrated DS 3rd birthday earlier this month WOOHOO *tear* and I'm preparing for my next semester in college. I still come here to read almost everyday and can't thank yall enough for the words of wisdom even if they aren't directed towards me. Im still attending AlAnon, and continue to work on creating a better me. It's a long road and there will continue to bumps but i just have to remind myself that everyday is a new day and nothing worth having came easy! Im focusing on my emotions- learning to deal with and not always react to them. I make sure to give myself positive affirmations but just recently began to make a list of what i think are my "negative" traits. I learned that i dont like to be judged negatively by myself or by others; which most likely stems from a childhood of name calling i was subjected to but nonetheless, that realization lifted a partial weight off my shoulders.In addition, i need to get stop doing things according to other peoples time tables, unless it is work related or an emergency. Ive got to loosen up, relax and enjoy the beauty of this life. Hell, its the only 1 ive got! Well back to work! FFA UNITE! Remember, Everyday is a New Day and a New Chance!
Old 08-21-2012, 04:08 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
A jug fills drop by drop

I loved your energy and your post. Thanks for checking in. This forum is a life saver!
I am in the same boat, trying not to be so harsh with myself .. understanding where we are coming from is a huge lift off our shoulders... compassion towards self goes a long way.

Hugs!!
Old 08-21-2012, 04:09 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
A jug fills drop by drop

PS Congratulations to the little one