AS is also in jail

Old 08-20-2012, 02:01 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

AS is also in jail

Seems like a lot of the AS's are finding themselves in jail - mine included! I keep checking the county lockup list, and I keep seeing his name! It's been a week now. It amazes me he got arrested (all past traffic violations) and it amazes me that he hasn't been given a "pass" again. I have no idea on the details of this arrest, and I'm not inclined to go out of my way to find out this time.

I'm not in on this one this time. My son has a loving Higher Power who is leading him into all grace. I'm not that Higher Power, and I'm not getting in the way of any process that might be going on. I'm not the message-bearer to the family on this one. I'm free!! Apparently I learned some lessons on distancing since the last time he was in jail.

Hope all you moms of incarcerated children and wanna-be-incarcerated children have a good day!

Sojourner
Old 08-20-2012, 02:07 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
it is what it is

bless you sojourner - i am in the group of "with son who is incarcerated"
Old 08-20-2012, 02:43 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hi Momma's I am a mom of one who will soon find himself in jail I am sure. I also feel that freedom that if/when that time comes, I won't have the burden of worry that I had last time.
Have peace, now you know where he is.
Hugs,
Teresa
Old 08-20-2012, 02:46 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Prayers for all the moms, and prayers for all the wayward kids that this may be their time, and that their HP will speak to them and teach them with this experience.

Cats
Old 08-20-2012, 03:05 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Add this mama's prayers too, that this be the turning point when your son seeks a better path.

And prayers for you too, that your recovery keeps shining. Our children are not ours to "fix", but God can do for each of us what we cannot do for ourselves, and He alone has a plan for your son.

Hugs
Old 08-20-2012, 03:37 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by sojourner View Post
I'm not in on this one this time. My son has a loving Higher Power who is leading him into all grace. I'm not that Higher Power, and I'm not getting in the way of any process that might be going on. I'm not the message-bearer to the family on this one. I'm free!! Apparently I learned some lessons on distancing since the last time he was in jail.
Recovery at its finest! I'm proud of you, and I hope you are proud of yourself!
Old 08-20-2012, 04:40 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

((sojourner)) - your recovery is shining brightly!!! The best thing that ever happened to me was my family leaving me in jail. Yes, I did relapse about a year later, but the threat of my dad calling my PO and telling him I was "out there" again? Well, 5+ years later, I'm in recovery and could not be more grateful for his decision.

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 08-20-2012, 08:11 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

sojourner
You are a wonderful example of recovery at work. God has your son. I'll say a prayer for both of you.

gentle hugs
ke
Old 08-21-2012, 06:19 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Add me to the list of moms with sons in jail. This used to be my greatest fear. Who could have known that I would be relieved and glad that he is there. My prayers are with you and all of us other moms.
Old 08-21-2012, 08:00 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Just another mom here....son arrested again....this time, I dont want to know why...I will not investigate why...and Im removing myself completely from the situation. (I can summise why he was arrested..no doubt caught with something on him). The only reason I found out that he was arrested was a bill came from the local Emergency Room. (He must have passed out somewhere and police found him.) I questioned him as to what he was taken to the ER for...he said the police took him there before he was arrested. He then gave me a nasty attitude that I woke him up to bother him with this trivial nonsense. That was the day I brought a duffel bag to his room and told him to leave my home. I have had enough of him upsetting MY life with his problem. That was over a month ago. He wont speak to me now. He's living at his dads place.
Old 08-21-2012, 08:30 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

sojourner, May you now be able to get some peace, I am praying for you and your son my son is currently is prison after many jail stints...
Old 08-21-2012, 09:25 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

It helps our peace of mind to be in the dark about details. My son got out about a month ago and is doing well. He found out from his PO yesterday (where he passed his drug test) that the judge ordered him into a drug rehab program so he is headed to a 30 day in-patient and then to a halfway house that is run by the same program. He went into this same program last year and there was a one week delay getting him from the rehab into the house and well, guess what happened??? This time he will go straight from one to the other. And he will be four hours from home.
Old 08-21-2012, 11:26 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

sojourner ... thanks for posting, its good to draw strength from one another, I find myself hoping my son lands in jail, it seems to be the only place he has found real peace and relief over the past many years ... I have given him to God and continue to pray for him daily, weren't you the one who posted that mothering a drug addict isn't for weanies?? Ha, I love that, silly but Oh so True!!