Notices

New to this

Old 08-20-2012, 09:50 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

New to this

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Im new to the group and really looking for some help and advice on how to quit drinking I dont drink everyday but when I do I dont know my limit make bad decisions almost always black out and it plays horribly on me the following day I have anxiety issues so I always find it easier to have a drink and "loosen up" I am 1000% ready to have fun being sober and not need the alcohol
Old 08-20-2012, 09:53 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hey there!
I can relate to treating anxiety with booze. It used to be my perfect solution for that problem. Then it stopped working and made matters far worse. I found my new answer through AA. Ive been sober for 4 years now and can honestly say a sober life is far more fun than when I was drinking. Millions of people have recovered and found happiness through AA. You can find meetings in your area by googling AA in your city. The text book for AA, The Big Book, is also available online at aa.org and other sites. I would suggest reading the beginning chapters to see if you can relate.
There are other methods of recovery too which people here seem to have had some success with.

Wish you the best!
Old 08-20-2012, 09:55 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR, marie. Hope you find what you're looking for. There are lots of individuals here in various stages of their life and recovery that can offer a wealth of help to you.

Fo me AA worked and is still working for me.

There's also SMART, AVRT and a few other methods.