Notices

Well...it is nearly here......

Old 08-17-2012, 09:27 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
UK7

Well...it is nearly here......

my last weekend. rehab for 12 weeks on Monday. Nervous so much but excited about my future but nervous about getting and being there. I am sure that will settle and all will be good.

Anyone got any tips for going into residential rehab? What was your first day like? Were you on a come-down from drink or drugs?
Old 08-17-2012, 09:36 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Powerless over Alcohol

I am excited for you. ...

I know its hard cause your mind is going to be racing till monday. But try not to, just pack up the things they told you, and try to enjoy your next two days. Without going for the last whorhaaa that most do.

Tip just be open minded and look forward to learning some tools to live a life that you couldnt of imagined.

Keep in touch if you can, and look forward to hearing from you when you get back.

Good love , Inda
Old 08-17-2012, 09:41 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
UK7

Originally Posted by IndaMiricale View Post
I am excited for you. ...

I know its hard cause your mind is going to be racing till monday. But try not to, just pack up the things they told you, and try to enjoy your next two days. Without going for the last whorhaaa that most do.

Tip just be open minded and look forward to learning some tools to live a life that you couldnt of imagined.

Keep in touch if you can, and look forward to hearing from you when you get back.

Good love , Inda
Thank you. I will have my phone in evenings and I will come update this thread x
Old 08-18-2012, 01:38 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

I hope it goes well ,

Bestwishes, M
Old 08-18-2012, 02:12 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Good job on going to rehab UK7...Keep your ears...your eyes and your mind open. Listen to learn. It's what you do when you get done with those 12 weeks that is going to count...It's a real world out there...Find out all you can to live in it sober. It's a great start...You'll meet some great people....Be sure and check in here.
Old 08-18-2012, 04:16 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I haven't been to rehab UK7 so I don't have any advice or experience to share. I just wanted to pop by to wish you the best of luck. I hope you benefit from it and that Monday is the start of a new, sober life for you.
Old 08-18-2012, 04:16 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Hi UK7

I went to a rehab in Bedfordshire for 5 weeks back in April so I know how you are feeling. I felt scared on my first day but positive about what was to come. My advice to you would be to be open minded, willing and listen to what you are told. Also be totally honest with yourself and with others. Its a hard slog but I am so glad I got the chance to change my life for the better. I won't tell you its easy because its tough at times but it really was the best thing I ever did.

I had 8 days of knowing I was going in before I did and I gave up the drink with some help from my GP and a really good friend so when I went in I had been sober for over a week. I was on a natural high from the thought of the begining of my new sober life. You will have bad days but you will be with others who know what you are feeling and understand what you are going through.

I wish you all the best and am sending you a big hug. Let me know how you get on.

Ally
x
Old 08-18-2012, 04:25 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
instant

Good luck, give it all you have and you will be richly rewarded
Old 08-19-2012, 07:30 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
UK7

Wow - thank you all so much for your kind words. About to start packing.....I hate packing. Got 4 cans of beer. When they are gone that is it.......FOREVER I hope. :-)
Old 08-19-2012, 07:49 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

take that 'I hope' off the last sentence! Forever x
Old 08-19-2012, 07:56 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

UK7,

I agree with MrsKing....take off the "I hope" part. Don't imagine yourself drinking ever again ....you can do this I too will be looking for your posts and sending positive energy your way