Notices

Please help

Old 08-17-2012, 06:53 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Please help

Hello everyone. I am new here. I'm here because my wonderful love of my life has decided to detox at home. Believe me I was not happy when I found out that he was using. I left my family and friends behind to move here with him. I put all of my faith and the lives of my children in his hands for what. This crap what the heck!!!!!!!! To be quite honest I just wanted to pack up and leave when I found out. I love this man and his children too much to walk out on them when they need me most. So here I am sad and scared for my beautiful family.
I have helped a very good friend detox many years ago and it was not pretty. He yelled at me and called every name imaginable when I wouldn't get him what he wanted. When he complained of the pain being too much I gave him Tylenol and he threw it at me. Watching him go through the pain and agony was so hard to handle but I did it. Now I have to go through it again with my husband and I am terrified. I don't want to experience this again but I have to. I know that not everyone has the same reaction to detoxing, some get pissy, some want to be left alone, and some want to be catered to. I'm just not sure what to expect and anyone who can give me some insight would be most helpful.
Old 08-17-2012, 06:56 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

That sounds an impossibly hard task for you to handle by yourself.
What medical advice has he sought?x
Old 08-17-2012, 07:02 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Powerless over Alcohol

Prayers sent your way.

I dont know what he is detoxing from, but if its alcohol I would be ready to use the ER. If you need to dont hesitate. For it is very dangerous heart attacks, strokes, and seziures.

Sorry your doing this, but they are blessed to have you.
Old 08-17-2012, 07:03 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

He tried to get into a center but there won't be any beds until October. He wants to be done with it before his kids come back from summer vacation. So he is doing a home detox. I am going to pick up the necessary items today like gatorade, pepto, pedialite, all natural sleep aids and such. So as far a rx help there will be none.
Old 08-17-2012, 07:04 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Inda, He is detoxing from heroin
Old 08-17-2012, 07:09 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Powerless over Alcohol

Like I said he is blessed to have you. I have detoxed my mother from heroin a couple times. Ugly mess it is.

Keep coming here when it gets tough for you. Were here 24/7 356
Old 08-17-2012, 07:11 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Take him to the Emergency Room. IF you have to call 911 and have them do it. I don't think this is something you should try do alone. Moreover, in the hospital thay can give him meds to ease him off and then set up a program, possibly with Suboxone, to keep him off. I don't think that the two of you trying to do this on your own is wise. Nor do I think he will be successful without a lot of professional help. Just my 2 cents.
Old 08-17-2012, 07:23 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Cheron, I think that is a great idea however I believe that I have to at least try it HIS way. If it gets to be too much it will have to be done MY way. I have to give him the chance to try. If I have to call 911 then you can bet your bottom dollar I will.
Old 08-17-2012, 09:46 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by mylovekinap View Post
Cheron, I think that is a great idea however I believe that I have to at least try it HIS way. If it gets to be too much it will have to be done MY way. I have to give him the chance to try. If I have to call 911 then you can bet your bottom dollar I will.
If I were you, I would call my family and friends and see if you can back with them.

I wish you the best.

Bob R
Old 08-17-2012, 09:56 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by 2granddaughters View Post
If I were you, I would call my family and friends and see if you can back with them.

I wish you the best.

Bob R
I wish I could. Not that my family and friends wouldn't have me. I live in NY and they are all in Maine. Funding is an issue when it comes to this option. Getting there is the problem. And like I said if I leave him I leave his two beautiful children to deal with this alone. Their mother signed over her rights to them essentially giving them up for adoption. So they really only have me. I could never live with myself knowing I could help his kids and I left with my kids anyway.
Old 08-17-2012, 10:01 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Its_me_jen

I'm sorry you're going through this.

I don't want to experience this again but I have to.
I believe that I have to at least try it HIS way
Just remember, you don't HAVE to do anything you don't want to do.

Good luck to you!
Old 08-17-2012, 10:26 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
~sb

HIS way is not necessarily the safest way.

I wish you both well,
Old 08-18-2012, 06:42 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

I know I don't have to do anything that I don't want to but when you love someone you have to try. His way may not be the safest way but for now it seems to be the only way. I will do this because I love him and if he doesn't stop the drugs I will leave him because I love myself
Old 08-18-2012, 06:50 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm wondering what your husband's feelings are about this? Does he want this as much as you do?
Old 08-19-2012, 07:05 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Anna View Post
I'm wondering what your husband's feelings are about this? Does he want this as much as you do?
He seems to want it badly. I have asked myself that same question over and over again. He knows what he stands to lose and he is desperately afraid to lose it. I can only hope that this is all true.
Old 08-19-2012, 07:10 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
~sb

How are things today? How are you coping? How's he doing?
Old 08-19-2012, 07:10 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

I have a question. I have been watching him very closely his body is starting to jerk a little but this is day three and so far no vomiting or major sweating. I have noticed that his pupils aren't dilated like they are when he is using. Is this normal? I remember when I helped my friend detox from heroin by the first night he was vomiting. I'm just a bit concerned. Any advice or input?