A little bit of struggle followed by a little bit of hope

Old 08-16-2012, 09:51 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

A little bit of struggle followed by a little bit of hope

Last night my AH lied about the phone calls he made to people he knew he shouldnt have been talking to...even though he knew I was looking at the hard facts...he claims he felt guilty for doing it so he denied it...logical but still unexcusable actions...

After he returned home last night from his NA meeting we had what ended up being a good conversation there were alot of tears and hurt expressed and alot of explaining but when it was over we had made a compromise and I had gotten the answers I was looking for...when we were done talking he informed me that he didn't really know what he wanted when he called them that he thought maybe he wanted to do "something" something meaning an opiate...however he decided not to...

He is still clean just for today and we talked again tonight and he THANKED me for checking his phone records and for making him think about his choices because it helped him to make a good choice. He decided to block these individuals numbers through his phone provider which was a victory in the honesty category for me, I talked to his mother and in fact the numbers had been blocked... its a small victory but any improvement or positive action is one I am willing to take!

This is a hard process with many ups and downs but I am so thankful for these small victories because it keeps me hopeful for the future of this recovery for both of us! I know I will have to continue to check up on the things he tells me to confirm for me that he is being honest but hopefully I can get better because of days like today! I also hope that it gives another struggling loved one a little bit of hope that there are positives to look for in the recovery process within a damaged relationship...
Old 08-16-2012, 10:12 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Getting there!!

My husband and I shared many conversations like this. Sadly, he was lying to me and protecting his addiction. I sincerely hope your husband is being honest with you.
Old 08-17-2012, 04:29 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Did he delete the number as well? My AH knows his dealers numbers by heart. I agree with LMN, I wish you luck.
Old 08-17-2012, 08:11 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Are you comfortable playing warden?
Old 08-17-2012, 09:30 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hope is good.

I drove myself ******* checking my son's phone records. I'd download them to Excel and sort them by number to see which ones he was calling the most.

I'd try to look up the numbers on Google.

I was as sick as he was.
Old 08-17-2012, 09:56 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Beavs Dad, I also did that and it is EXHAUSTING trying to be detective.
I did reverse phone lookups constantly as well.
Sigh, codependence at its best.
Old 08-17-2012, 12:03 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Getting there!!

Yep, I did the same and I actually called them. On one occasion, I actually made some serious threats. So sick!!!!!!