Husband has more then one addiction...

Old 08-15-2012, 08:43 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Husband has more then one addiction...

My husband has had a drinking problem for a few years now. In the past six months he he has sent sexual texts to two former female coworkers (they wanted nothing to do with him)and joined a dating website. We have two children together and I currently stay st home with them and feel absolutely trapped...I am in desperate need of advice...thanks.
Old 08-15-2012, 10:18 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
peaceful seabird

Welcome to the SR family!

I hope you will make yourself at home by reading and posting as much as needed. We are here to support you, and we understand.

Some of our stories are in the permanent posts at the top of the forum page (called sticky posts), and I am always finding wisdom when I read what other members shared in those posts.

Here is one of my favorite sticky posts. It contains steps that helped me while I was living with active alcoholism:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...l-problem.html
Old 08-16-2012, 04:45 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Hello Meghan,

Have you consulted an attorney to understand your rights and options should you choose to leave? An initial consultation would provide you with more information about the best decision for you. I also encourage you to read the 'Adult Children of Addicted/Alcoholic Parents' forum if you have any doubts about the impact all of this is having on your children.

Many hugs and prayers for your family.
HG
Old 08-16-2012, 04:47 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

What finally got me healing from my hubby's alcohol abuse was his affair.

Al-Anon which is for friends and families of alcoholics was really important to me during that time (prior to that I had known about it, but was not willing to go). It helped me to learn tools that let me deal with my feelings both of his affair (though not the focus) and his alcohol use.