Hooray!! AS has been arrested!!

Old 08-15-2012, 11:33 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Hooray!! AS has been arrested!!

This must sound nuts to newbies, but I was happy to hear this morning that AS has been arrested for heroin possession. At least he is (relatively) safe, has 3 hots and a cot and will have plenty of sober time to think about his next step. And NO, we're not bailing him out or paying for any attorneys in case that crossed anyone's mind. Since it's a first offense, I'm sure they'll probably let him off with probation...which he will violate....and get arrested for...etc etc etc
Old 08-15-2012, 11:38 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

tjp i know exactly how you feel. I used to feel so relieved when my ex was in custody. At least he was safe and not using. I hope your son will find his silver lining. Tonight you can sleep comfortably!
Old 08-15-2012, 11:41 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

((tjp)) Relief for you for a bit! I am glad that you know where he is and know that he is safe for the moment. Hugs to you.....I imagine you are in an odd "Happy" place! But I can appreciate that.
Old 08-15-2012, 12:43 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I am so happy for you - you'll at least have some stretch of time where you can relax.

Sleep well tonight.
Old 08-15-2012, 12:49 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

i do feel you. and i think you are right. and i hope he will get sober in that time. i don't know you're going to visit him or not. but i guess you'll be writing to him to tell that you hate AS but you still love sober son. again hoorey for at least some has changed. take care.
Old 08-15-2012, 01:17 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

My son was ordered to rehab after having received two DUI's and it was the best thing that could have ever happened to him. May this jail time for your son be the beginning of his turning from his self destructive behaviors and towards a healthy, productive life.
Old 08-15-2012, 01:25 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

My son (the fugitive) just got arrested this morning also. I got a call from a bail bondsman letting me know. He was arrested for defiant trespass, drug paraphenalia and giving an officer false information. We are not bailing him out or getting a lawyer either. Are you putting money in a phone account or commissary account for him?
Old 08-15-2012, 01:36 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by pommie View Post
My son (the fugitive) just got arrested this morning also. I got a call from a bail bondsman letting me know. He was arrested for defiant trespass, drug paraphenalia and giving an officer false information. We are not bailing him out or getting a lawyer either. Are you putting money in a phone account or commissary account for him?
He hasn't asked for anything yet other than bail...which he's not getting. I guess once he's been in there for awhile he will ask for commissary money. Will cross that bridge when we get there.
Old 08-15-2012, 03:21 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Getting there!!

((((TJP)))))

Let's pray this is the beginning of something good.

(I bet rehab is looking better now.)
Old 08-15-2012, 03:23 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Tjp, your recovery is shining girl!!! Let me put on my shades and continue...well done on the "no bail" and letting him pay the consequences.

I think we mamas are the only people on earth who get excited and celebrate when our kids go to jail, but the truth is that jail is a lot better than where they have been.

So let's have some cheesecake and enjoy the peace, just for today your boy is safe and warm and learning some lessons that may save his life.

Mama sized Hugs
Old 08-15-2012, 03:24 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

(((tjp))) - Only those of us who have been in your shoes understand why we say YAY when our A is in jail. I never thought of it at the time, but I'm sure my dad relaxed, quite a bit, when I was locked up....he knew I was alive.

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 08-15-2012, 03:28 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Happy that you have some time of peace. Hopefully this time opens his eyes. Fingers crossed and prays going up for you.
Old 08-15-2012, 03:47 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Cool!! I have always loved it when my son is in jail.. It was like going on a cruise!! Peace of mind for me and another opportunity for him to "get it".
Old 08-15-2012, 03:53 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

TJP, you remain an inspiration! I am so glad you will be having some peaceful days and nights now. Sweet dreams.
Old 08-15-2012, 04:26 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

TJP! So glad you both will get some much needed time to recover. Only the mom of an addict who has lived that life would understand. So if any strangers wander on this thread, don't judge til you've walked a mile in our bunny slippers.
Old 08-15-2012, 05:07 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
1000 Post Club

He could still use drugs while locked up if he really wants to. They also make homemade alcohol called "hooch" from various fruits. Jail can be the "bottom" for some addicts while it is just the beginning & becomes the routine for others.
Old 08-15-2012, 05:09 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

When I heard my ABF walked out of Detox and one to the street I knew he would be dead or put in jail. I was relieved to hear it was the latter. You're not crazy. Their safer in jail then the street. Not hanging around neighborhoods where you get shot for looking at someone the wrong way and not risk of over-dosing.

But others are right. It is very easy to score drugs or alcohol in jail. Just obviously not to the same extent as the street.
Old 08-15-2012, 05:12 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

So glad to hear your son is safe, yet in a place that has the potential to wake him up and shake him up. I'm so glad you can rest easier for a while. I'll be praying for you and your son and giving thanks for this break for both of you.

Blessings. (I feel as though I really need some cheesecake now...)
Old 08-15-2012, 06:09 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Justfor1 View Post
He could still use drugs while locked up if he really wants to. They also make homemade alcohol called "hooch" from various fruits. Jail can be the "bottom" for some addicts while it is just the beginning & becomes the routine for others.
Thanks for that dose of reality -- wouldn't want to relax TOO much would I?
Old 08-15-2012, 06:12 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by tjp613 View Post
Thanks for that dose of reality -- wouldn't want to relax TOO much would I?
My ABF told me pretty extensively about scoring drugs in jail. They can do it but is is very expensive. So if you're not providing him with money that won't last long. And your normally can't score much. At least you can take comfort in that. I know I am.