Notices

New to forum.Here is my boring story.

Old 08-15-2012, 09:37 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

New to forum.Here is my boring story.

I am new to
forum but not recovery. 11 months ago I came clean to my wife,family and friends about my abuse. I had been abusing just about every thing you can think of but morphine and heroin had become the issues that would be my demise. My abuse started at 15 with alcohol like a lot of us and continued throughout my entire life until now at 39. There was no big moment of drama or consequence of action that lead to me being honest with people in my life , in fact im not sure why it happened. One eveing i just found myself on knees in front of my very loving wife begging for forgiveness and for help. I tried 3 times with the help and support of my lady to kick the opiates on my own with no luck. Thw withdrawals were just too much for me and for the first time in my life suicide had actually come to mind more than a couple times. I know a lot of folks do not agree with the use of suboxone so i will not go into great detail I will only say that i am very near the end of my suboxone treatment and in my case it absolutley saved my life. I have been in recovery programs twice before and more than understand the mindset of most folks and i do agree so i will not claim a soberiety date until i take my last peice of suboxone wich will be very soon. I live out here in the oven we call Phx, Arizona and my first name is Chris. Thx for taking a little time to read and i wish you all best on your roads no matter where they lead.
Old 08-15-2012, 09:41 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Well I think, suboxone or no suboxone, that's absolutely fantastic. Congratulations.

Welcome to SR - I hope you find all that I've found here. It's a wonderful place if you're after lots of wisdom and support.

Wishing you all the best on your sober journey.
Old 08-15-2012, 09:52 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

Chris.... Great first post. Boring. Not in the least.

You sound like a man that knows himself well. I am an alcoholic and crack / cocaine addict. I work at this everyday like we all do. I never experienced your DOC but I know people that have. You did a great thing by seeing it and changing it.

I want to hear from you and post about when you take that last pill. I think it will help a great many people here. And me.

Ken
Old 08-15-2012, 10:01 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Welcome aboard Phoenix. Been there once, on a trip through to Tucson. Loved it. Not the same as the mountains of Alberta but just as beautiful.

Your trip is like most others, how you start it doesn't matter and I've never found anyone's life story boring.
Old 08-15-2012, 10:35 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Have you attended NA or AA meetings regularly in the past?

The 12 Steps worked/work for me.

All the best.

Bob R
Old 08-15-2012, 11:11 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

thx for welcom

thank you all for the warm welcome. Yes Bob I have some history with A.A. Meetings are obviously a useful tool and i appreciate the advice.
Old 08-15-2012, 11:29 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Hi Chris! You sound determined - I'm so glad you're ready for a new life, free from all that poison. I hope you'll find it helps to be here - I loved the encouragement and hope I found, any time of day or night. We're happy you're here with us.
Old 08-15-2012, 11:35 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Welcome.

Yes, we live in the oven state as I tell friends during the Summer months. Yet, hopefully it will start to cool down to below triplie digits in the next month. Let's hope.

Your first post was great. Nothing boring about it,lol.

This is a wonderful forum and it saved my life. I know it will be a blessing to you too.

Chrisy
Old 08-15-2012, 11:48 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

thank you hevyn. I am very determined . In fact determined may be an understatement. I am very lucky to have the most radical wife and family. Once i decided to be completley honest about my situation and personal flaws I felt a fire deep inside that i never felt before. I felt like i had a second chance at life, a chance to finally live as who I am and not have to keep a web of lies and manipulation together. The weight of all the little problems just doesnt seem as heavy without the big load of guilt and regret along with it. I know a lot of folks are not as lucky to have people around them that would be open to that kind of honesty and stand by them after they came clean but i am sure glad that I do.I dont deserve to be as lucky as I am.
Old 08-15-2012, 11:51 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Thank you for the welcome Chrisy. I am getting to old for the heat here. IM headed to minnesota next week to hike the superior trail and get a break from the heat.
Old 08-15-2012, 11:53 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by chrisinphx View Post
thank you hevyn. I am very determined . In fact determined may be an understatement. I am very lucky to have the most radical wife and family. Once i decided to be completley honest about my situation and personal flaws I felt a fire deep inside that i never felt before. I felt like i had a second chance at life, a chance to finally live as who I am and not have to keep a web of lies and manipulation together. The weight of all the little problems just doesnt seem as heavy without the big load of guilt and regret along with it. I know a lot of folks are not as lucky to have people around them that would be open to that kind of honesty and stand by them after they came clean but i am sure glad that I do.I dont deserve to be as lucky as I am.
I am so happy for you that you have such a wonderful and loving wife who supports you and is standing by you. Yes, you are lucky, but there is a reason that she is acting the way she is and it is you. You both must love each other very much and that truly is a blessing.

I believe that you will make it.

Anyway, we are here to encourage and support you in your clean living.

All of us who are here have been lucky in that we decided to take the second chance of life.

Chrisy
Old 08-15-2012, 11:55 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by chrisinphx View Post
Thank you for the welcome Chrisy. I am getting to old for the heat here. IM headed to minnesota next week to hike the superior trail and get a break from the heat.
Yes, it is hot here. MN is nice. Spent the Summer there in 84. We went to the St Croix river and that was nice and went tubing down it. Have a good trip.

Chrisy
Old 08-15-2012, 12:27 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Have you ever thought about rehab for your heavy drug use?
Old 08-15-2012, 05:12 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome to SR Chris

D