Finally went NC

Old 08-14-2012, 09:06 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Finally went NC

So, I hung up on xABF last night when he accused me of lying about something (and I'd already been on the phone way too long with his broken record spiel). He called back so many times that I had to turn off the phone. I get up this morning for work and my doorbell rings at 7 am...it's him, of course. He says I'm being unfair, and not acting like the same person I was when we met. No kidding, I hadn't been living with an alcoholic for 8 months at that point! I closed the door in his face and went straight to the computer to lock his number. He called 3x from a work number, and then called me NINE times at my office! I finally emailed him to tell him I was packing the rest of his things and he needed to come get them this weekend. He emailed to say he was coming by, and sure enough, my doorbell rang at 9 tonight. I shouldn't have even gone to the door, but I yelled through the door that I had nothing to say. He claimed that he was going to call me this morning to tell me he was leaving me alone, but that I blocked his number. So you call calling my office NINE times leaving me alone?? It was embarrassing enough having to show his picture to my team, and have my coworker walk me to my car without my phone going off all day. But, I'm still pretty proud of myself for blocking both his number and that work number. It was a huge step that has been a long time coming. He had manipulated me so much that it felt like a betrayal, but I can't maintain my sanity with his constant harassment.
Old 08-14-2012, 09:19 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Wow, that is pretty crazy. Needless to say I hope he leaves you alone soon! Good for you for blocking his numbers, don't forget his email and any social media sites you're on together.
Old 08-14-2012, 09:26 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I finally went NC too and it took a crazy event to get me there as well...stick to it! You'll gain some sanity.
Old 08-15-2012, 03:24 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

I'm glad you are taking steps to stay safe. If he will show up at your home, he will show up at work, too!

Enjoy the peace and quiet!!
Old 08-15-2012, 05:51 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Let Go or Be Dragged

BB1 - Good for u! going NC is my next step. ur words encourage me - Thank u! my not quite yet X ABF has called me up to 14 times a day. i dont answer, and he shows up at work, or i come out of the grocery store to see his truck sitting next to mine in the parking lot, or he even has come INTO the grocery store to find me, parks in the lot of the gas station where he knows i fill up my truck... The odd part is, he doesnt usually do this crap when he's drunk...he does it AFTER a drunken episode - trying to undo his srew up, just going on and on how sorry he is, how it will never happen again, how he cant live without me...blah blah blah... Getting a little stronger every week...and ur post really helped me tonite. thanks again and best of luck to u.
Old 08-15-2012, 09:35 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

SoBroken, stay strong! All of this "stalking" with me has been since he's been in recovery, but for the same reason. Think he's looking to me to right his wrongs, and that's mpossible.

Zingy, had already blocked FB, and yet somehow he was able to email me?? But I have had to email him about coming to pickup his things this weekend. That's the only form of contact I'm allowing, and it's been minimal. I didn't file an eviction notice, so he still has stuff here til he gets an apartment. I'm counting the days!!