Notices

(update)Got out of Detox yesterday

Old 08-13-2012, 11:34 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

(update)Got out of Detox yesterday

Hello everyone, some of you might remember me from a week ago. I was in a very desperate state and trying to get into a detox. Well I got just got out of detox yesterday after a week in there and It was a wake up call and a half. The first couple of days in there were so horrible, I felt like I was in an insane asylum, People pacing around all day. I tried to confide in some of the other patients but didn't get a lot of comfort in doing so( most of them were in as rough shape or rougher shape than me). It was understaffed and there wasn't much for counseling or workers having the time to talk to you. My second night there I started screaming in the middle of the night and woke up half the detox center and nurses came in to help me and I woke up in a cold sweat shaking uncontrollably. I feel like I have been given a second chance, I am pretty overwhelmed with everything today that needs to be taken care of but I'm feeling optimistic. I just thought I would let everyone know I'm doing better everyday and starting to love life again
Old 08-13-2012, 11:48 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Professional Drunk

As bad as your experience was, you now have a great deterrent to help keep you sober. Think about detox next time you feel like drinking. Congrats on making it through it!
Old 08-14-2012, 12:01 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Good to hear that Julian.

Write it all done mate, everything you experienced all the horrible details,

then when the urges start you can read back over it to confirm to yourself that its not worth it.
Old 08-14-2012, 12:13 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

Hi Julius,
Staying focused on the negative consequences of my past drinking definately helps me stay sober .

Glad you're on the other side , are you going to go to AA or work at some kind of recovery , to maintain and build on what you have now ?

Good luck and bestwishes, M
Old 08-14-2012, 12:45 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

It's really good to see you back J

D
Old 08-14-2012, 01:32 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Keep the experience fresh in your mind. And know you never have to go through that again.

My detox was horrid --both benzos and booze -- and it kept me sober for several months until I found a program of recovery. I am going on two years of sobriety now.

Would never go back, but know this alcoholic could fall back into drinking and drugging again if I am not diligent on my program. SR is a valuable tool. And try to remember, every time you post, it actually helps someone else.

ME!
Old 08-14-2012, 06:41 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Good idea to write things down while they are fresh in your memory. I went to a horrible facility once and will never ever forget what a hell hole that place was.

Did they give you an after care plan when you were discharged?

We're here for you...y'all come back now, hear?
Old 08-14-2012, 07:37 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Administrator

Know that you don't have to go through that again.

I'm glad you're back and working on your recovery.
Old 08-14-2012, 07:41 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
~sb

Detox isn't rehab, it was about getting the toxins out of your body. Have you considered counseling or something for now to teach you about how to stay stopped?
Old 08-14-2012, 03:30 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Hi Julian,
Sounds like your withdrawals were pretty intense. What is your next step to stay sober?

CaiHong