Notices

New Here

Old 08-13-2012, 08:12 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

New Here

Getting off of Oxycodone is a nightmare... I want my life back... I have been down this road before but with other substances... this site is a blessing to have found....
Old 08-13-2012, 08:14 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Spiritual Learner

Keep posting and keep praying. People here are very kind and have a lot of wisdom to share. If you stay off you will get your life back in fact a better life, you deserve it!!!
Old 08-13-2012, 08:25 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
SR Fan

Welcome, Tohellandback -

Glad you're joining us! There's a lot of hope and inspiration here, a lot of people who are winning the battle against addiction. We have a substance abuse section too, which you might want to check out: Substance Abuse - SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

Hang in there and keep reading and posting!
Old 08-13-2012, 08:44 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Tohellandback View Post
Getting off of Oxycodone is a nightmare... I want my life back... I have been down this road before but with other substances... this site is a blessing to have found....
Yes, getting off the Oxycodone is a nightmare and hell on earth. You will get through it though. This forum saved my life and helped me make it through.

Last April when I went through the withdrawals, I found drinking lots of water, and eating yogart and banana's was all I could eat, but my body needed them. Listen to your body and try and take your mind of things by watching movies and listening to music and posting here.

We love you and support you.

Good luck
Chrisy
Old 08-13-2012, 09:12 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Welcome to Sober Recovery, Tohellandback.

I stopped drinking nearly three weeks ago, and while I won't pretend to understand what you're going through, I am sincere when I write that this site has been a godsend to me.

Keep sharing and reading here on SR in addition to your other efforts at sobriety. I know that being here will help you as it has helped me.

Best,
~b