Just an update

Old 08-13-2012, 05:27 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Just an update

For those following, son's MRI showed infection was improving, but will continue to be on antibiotics probably the rest of his life.....if he will take them.
He is now living about 35 minutes from me. In some ways that is easier, but he too often wants my time. I will do what I can, but won't be running there constantly.

He is so accident prone (like his dad). Saturday my hubby and I were almost at a wedding when he called and said I needed to come take him to ER cause he just cut his leg badly. I told him to call an ambulance if it was that bad. I almost had second thoughts to not go to wedding and go take him, but he told me to " light a fire under my a.. And hurry." my hubby heard hid say that and went ballistic . Story short, I went to the wedding and to the reception. Then took hubby home before going to take him to ER. 17 staples in his leg. Not deep .. just long. Cut with a utility knife.

I'm back at work now so little time is left for much else. I'm just tired and fighting the blues. But I will be fine, I will be fine, I will be fine!
Old 08-13-2012, 06:15 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

ah washbe,
Good for you for going on to the wedding and reception. Baby steps.

The ambulance could have gotten him to the ER and gotten those staples.

Letting go will help you to continue to find your serenity.
Old 08-13-2012, 06:17 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Washbe, I know you must be torn between what your son wants and what your husband wants, but sweetie, sooner or later you need to take care of you.

Your son could have called an ambulance, he was disrespectul and cut or not, he should never expect anyone to listen when he is disrespectful. You could have kicked up your heels and actually had fun at the wedding and maybe next time you will.

I know it's hard, but maybe don't always answer the call...said with hugs and love in my heart.

And a teeny weeny nudge with the bunny slippers.

Hugs
Old 08-13-2012, 07:00 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Your bunny slippers make me laugh, Ann.

JMF, his cut wasn't ambulance-worthy. And since he just moved the camper, and the owners have been so nice, actually we didn't want to call that much attention to him. His problem, I know.

Oh, and I forgot to mention (you know how little things like the possibility of jail can slip one's mind). He had court last week for driving while revoked ( a friend's truck). The judge told him to get a lawyer, be back in two weeks, it wasn't the 1st time, and after hearing officer's testimony, he would throw him in jail. He sentenced another for one year for the same offense. Hmmm, peace around the corner??
Old 08-14-2012, 09:09 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Public defender time....

Sounds like prison may be the safest place for him, all things considered.