Note to Dad

Old 08-13-2012, 10:49 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Journey To Me

Note to Dad

Dear Dad,

I see that you have been drinking. I see that you are upset. I hope all your fury blows quickly. I wish you can see that your words are spears right into mom’s heart. I wish you can see that you’re hurting all of us sitting here watching you make her cry. I want you to realize that the woman you are verbally spitting on is our mother, our friend, our protector, and is a woman that has given up her family, her country, her language just to be by your side. She is a woman that has cooked, cleaned, wiped our tears when we cried, and has given you over thirty-six years of her life. She deserves more than to be given treatments of silence, to be left in the dark as you tirade around, to be threatened and talked down to, to be verbally thrown to the curb, and to be locked out in this Texas heat. In fact no one deserves that treatment. If you feel that you truly have grown tired of her as you say, if you really can’t stand looking at her as you claim, sit down and be a man- have a talk with her letting her know respectfully that she can move on. Be sure to include that she is the most beautiful woman, loving mother, and wonderful wife, but that you’d rather be alone.
Old 08-13-2012, 11:42 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Survivor

Old 08-13-2012, 12:08 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
To thine own self be true.

Take mom to an Al-Anon meeting, MTSlide.
Old 08-13-2012, 01:35 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Journey To Me

Originally Posted by Learn2Live View Post
Take mom to an Al-Anon meeting, MTSlide.
My mom has been there for me throughout my marital issues with my RAH. She has seen me cry, listened to me talk, and has made me comfortable when I needed it. Now she is in my home with the very same problems I brought to her.

I know she did not believe him to be a problem drinker. Maybe this instance will allow her to see my father as an alcoholic. I know it took me awhile to realize it. Actually it was someone here who had responded to a post of mine that shined the light on that notion, which opened doors in therapy for me. I would love to take my mom to Al-Anon. Hopefully she will want to go in the future that is of course if my dad hasn't got her a one way ticket back to Germany as he said he would in a means to get rid of her quickly.
Old 08-15-2012, 01:08 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

As seen through the eyes of a child.
Very well put and heartbreaking at the same time.