Notices

made it to day 8!

Old 08-12-2012, 06:33 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

made it to day 8!

Hi, all. I was here about a year ago under a different name. My now husband had threatened to call off our wedding as a result of my drinking. I was able to moderate myself for almost a year after that. I stayed sober for one month and then worked alcohol back in slowly thinking I'd be able to control myself. Anyway, long story short, I haven't been able to. So, here I am 8 days sober. No withdraw this time around, which is good. I like many of you have issues with anxiety. I'm just trying to stay calm and do things I find relaxing. I haven't yet sought any help and am not sure where to start. I'll share more of my story another time. It's been very helpful to read everyones posts. We can do it!
Old 08-12-2012, 06:39 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Welcome back! Congrats on 8 days. You've already made your first step in getting help by getting on this site and posting. There is a lot of long term sobriety on here. I have found people to be encouraging and very welcoming.
A few ways that might help is AA, AVRT, Smart recovery. Please keep posting and stay positive. Yes, you can do this!
Old 08-12-2012, 06:51 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

Hey sugarsnap,
Hope you get what you need this time round.

I was never any good at moderation as eventually in 1 day, 1 week, 1 month, 1/2 a year i'd start drinking heavier and longer than i did before.

There seem many paths to recovery, why not see which one(s) speak to you and try it, if it don't work, don't give up, giving up. Try making a change and try again . Took me years to find something that felt right for me.

day 8

Bestwishes, M