Notices

Getting Away With It - Then Anxiety

Old 08-11-2012, 10:33 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Getting Away With It - Then Anxiety

I am new to admitting that I have an addiction and am in therapy but I need to hear from people who also struggle with addictions. Mine does not involve substances. After a long time abstinate and I get really down for some reason I know my addiction will perk me up and then I think I can get away with it.

So I start small and within a few days I an really it again. Before I start I think I can get away with it – who cares – it really does not have any consequences!!!

So then I am in it and I feel so much better – I have an anxiety disorder and early on when I am acting on the addiction it helps the anxiety. I feel like I am getting away with it and wahoo I am on a roll.

THEN after a few days of weeks the self flagellation starts – is God going to get me – will it make my anxiety worse – I am bad – to hell with it I will do it no matter what.....then I crash with severe
anxiety and physical symptoms.

Can anyone relate to this
Old 08-11-2012, 11:16 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Razzle View Post
I am new to admitting that I have an addiction and am in therapy but I need to hear from people who also struggle with addictions. Mine does not involve substances. After a long time abstinate and I get really down for some reason I know my addiction will perk me up and then I think I can get away with it.

So I start small and within a few days I an really it again. Before I start I think I can get away with it – who cares – it really does not have any consequences!!!

So then I am in it and I feel so much better – I have an anxiety disorder and early on when I am acting on the addiction it helps the anxiety. I feel like I am getting away with it and wahoo I am on a roll.

THEN after a few days of weeks the self flagellation starts – is God going to get me – will it make my anxiety worse – I am bad – to hell with it I will do it no matter what.....then I crash with severe
anxiety and physical symptoms.

Can anyone relate to this
You sound like an average alky to me... what does your therapist say about the merry-go-round you are on ?

All the best.

Bob R
Old 08-11-2012, 11:39 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I'm amazed about how well you managed to word this post.

It's not even reportable. :-)
Old 08-11-2012, 12:24 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

What is reportable mean Angel