Notices

Day 6??

Old 08-11-2012, 04:38 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 6??

Good Morning SR! Made it through the first Friday night in 4 years without a drop. I'm not going to lie- yesterday was SUPER difficult! I woke up emotional and out of it. Insomnia for days... Last night granted me with a nice 2 hour nap... But, I'm up early!

Starting out with some yoga then headed to the trails for a hike with my 3 pibbles and hubs after a healthy breakfast- After that we're going through and pricing the things we've had sitting in a room for my yardsale (that we've been meaning to do for 2 years now but haven't done because who has the time when they're drunk?). Probably won't finish that today- but we're just going to chip away at it! Going to our local home improvement shop to pick up the supplies needed to finish up a room that I started working on this winter. I've already ripped out the tile and laid a new sub floor and flooring, painted and patched- but still need to throw in new trim. (yep.. I did that myself!) Not bragging- just stoked to be a lady with skills! ;-) From there we're going to shop for food to prepare a delicious dinner and voila- hopefully I will have made it through day 6 with NO DRINKIN'!

Day 6??? WOW!! It's been a LONG LONG time. I'm so FN tired- Oh man! But that's okay.. it still beats the pants off of being hungover!

Send me your good vibes guys!! I'm sending you mine. :-)
Old 08-11-2012, 04:45 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

congratulations on day 6 beetle - have a great day
D
Old 08-11-2012, 04:47 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

it still beats the pants off of being hungover!
I've been able to say this about every day since i managed to stop, even the worse days would have only been made worse by drinking again.

Thanks for posting,

Bestwishes, M
Old 08-11-2012, 04:47 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

That's awesome...Everyday you don't drink will be better and better sleep will come...Good vibes coming your way!
Old 08-11-2012, 05:31 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by mecanix View Post
I've been able to say this about every day since i managed to stop, even the worse days would have only been made worse by drinking again.

Thanks for posting,

Bestwishes, M
Thanks Mecanix! It's so true. It's hard to keep perspective while going through the cravings.
Old 08-11-2012, 05:37 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Nice work! I can relate to being exhausted. Every night I hope to sleep but no suck luck. It'll come though.

Keep up the good work.
Old 08-11-2012, 06:48 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

congrats on getting things DONE at home, it will boost your feelings and make you feel more capable and confident.... ahem, only sober folks do those kind of things.
Old 08-11-2012, 06:57 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Congratulations! I just signed onto this board and I in about the same place as you. It seems like those temptations just keep hitting, but you keep saying NO. And you're right, feeling tired does beat the pants off of being hungover. OMG ... so true!