Notices

F me

Old 08-10-2012, 08:40 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

F me

I know I can do it, Icant see straigjt, this isnt me. I just want to be the best I can be. I am sorry for whoever reads this,. It isn not easy,, for who I was and what I have become...

I just pray I cann be better, I am better tahn this.

-Me
Old 08-10-2012, 08:47 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

It sounds like you feel pretty down right now. The good news is that you never have to feel this way again. I've been there, and I bet most everyone on this website has. However, people do recover.

Tomorrow start working on your plan, will power alone is probably not going to cut it. There are many ways to recover, for me the turning point was when I finally gave up and tried AA. That, along with this website, has helped me get my life back. Best wishes to you in your sober journey.
Old 08-10-2012, 08:49 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Try not to dwell on what went wrong while you're still drunk. You are better than this. Know that you can wake up tomorrow with a clean slate, committed to making things right.

I wish you the best.
Old 08-10-2012, 09:20 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

You're still in there, I believe. You're just a little lost. Believe everyone here can help ya find the way back. Hold on, please. It'll be okay.
Old 08-10-2012, 09:21 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

We've all been there iaguy

The best thing to do is get some rest, wake up tomorrow...and then you can start making plans to add whatever you need to in order to beat this thing once and for all

D
Old 08-10-2012, 10:10 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Crazy Cat Lady

you cannot change your past but you can change your future. get some rest and start anew in the morning. every sunrise is an opportunity to start fresh. don't ever count yourself out. it's easy to beat yourself up while you're feeling down so how about you give that up for the evening and just accept that today was not your day. it's okay. if you rest up now and forgive yourself early, you'll be all the more ready to face what you must in the morning. have faith.
Old 08-11-2012, 01:14 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
EFC

When you wake up, try to remember how you felt when you wrote this. There have been so many times where I have gone to bed saying "I'll never drink again" and then by 5 pm I was at the store. I am learning the power of memory: remember how bad you feel when you are winding down from a night of drinking. Just remember how ****** you feel and think about that when you are considering having another drink. It it hard; there is no BSing about that, but just use that memory as a tool to help you quit.
Old 08-11-2012, 01:28 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

iaguy ,
I couldn't believe how far down drinking took me.
With help you can change things, you are not alone with this.

Don't ever give up, it is possible .

Please post again soon, M
Old 08-11-2012, 06:00 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I am up and alive.

I felt absolutely horrible this morning, I had way to much last night. My house is alcohol free now. I can do this, I know it. Thank you all for the kind words. I TRULY appreciate it from the bottom of my heart.
Old 08-11-2012, 06:42 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

Glad you're up and ok.

Go easy on your self today. When I did myself in the night before if I did not go easy I would wind up drinking more because I felt so bad and beat myself up.

Remember this feeling and use it to help yourself.

This is totally possible. There are many here who prove that. But you know it will take some help. We are hear to support you.

Keep posting and stick around.

Ken
Old 08-11-2012, 06:46 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Good morning...Try not to wrap your head around never drinking again and do what ever you have to do to not drink today....Just today. This site has people that have recovered using different recovery programs and methods...Read up on them...Ask questions here....Find one that suits you and work it with your life....It takes effort on your part....But I think a new life is worth that. Have hope and hang on to it tight.
Old 08-11-2012, 08:07 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Hey bud, another IA guy over here. I woke up one morning after the most horrific night of my life - after a 2 week daily drunk bender, blacked out and did ridiculously terrible things. And 97 days later, still sober. I think we all need that kick in the ass. Have a great sober weekend.
Old 08-11-2012, 08:23 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Good morning, IAguy - glad to see you today. Welcome to the beginning of your new sober life. I can't wait to read of your success, please keep posting!