Update on AW and kids situation

Old 08-10-2012, 04:09 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Update on AW and kids situation

It has been a while since I posted due to running a house, 3 kids, and a job without a wife. As per my previous posts AW is living away from us. She rented a house last week and is trying to move. The divorce proceeding have started but we are in limbo right now as the case conference is in October. Till then no one has legal rights over the kids and AW wants 50/50 sharing once she moves in. Interestingly enough she has not txt or called the kids all week when they are away with me at their grandparents. She is also trying to turn the kids on her side by promises and pointing out other deficiencies in anyone around her, they are not falling for this.

The kids are doing well but the older twins don't want to spend more than every 2nd weekend with mom. I know this will be a point of contention over the next little while. It is nice to have a stable home with little uncertainty, the kids are way less stressed.

So far we have maintained contact and I have even driven her to family events as I don't want problems with me taking the kids for a week off. Also, we are dividing the house equally so it is better not to be fighting.

My fear is leaving the kids with her once she moves in and making sure she is not drinking. This will be especially true when the youngest who is 9 will want to stay by himself with mom. Till the court date I have no idea how to ensure that she is sober.

We will see how things pan out, I just hoped things would be finished faster, but our legal and court system is very slow.
Old 08-10-2012, 05:10 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Survivor

Thank you for updating us. It seems things are moving along for you.

How are you? Your feelings? Have you tried Al-Anon? Are you working the steps? Reading any helpful literature?

Old 08-10-2012, 05:37 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Wow , a lot has changed.

We are here, I'm sure you have huge concerns about you children being alone with you AW.

Thanks for keeping us in the loop.

Katie xo