Emotionally Drained.......

Old 08-09-2012, 09:49 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Emotionally Drained.......

Yippee I had a partial day off from work today. Since I'm caring for my grandbaby and he is at daycare that this should be a perfect time to catch up on laundry etc. But noooooo....AD has tried to make her problems my problems today. And she's pretty much succeeded in doing that.
She started texting me at 5:00 am. She supposedly had worked out a list of things she needed to take care of today. Every single item on the list should have been done weeks ago but apparently addicts have no concept of time.
She has past due traffic fines, appointments to make with therapist and - here's a good one: Mom, I have my sleep pattern all messed up!
I finally told her that she is 28 years old and perfectly capable of taking care of her own business and problems!
Not once did I say " If you would worry less about where your next pill or high is coming from, you could accomplish much more". But oh I wanted to!
Department of Human Services is setting up a family meeting for us on Monday. Together we will outline the expectations for her to be able to regain custody of her baby. But she didn't answer her phone when they called to inform her of the meeting. I did call and tell her to call DHS and that they are planning family meeting. I know- that was enabling
I swear the drama with an addicted child drains more from me than a 40 hour work week!
Old 08-09-2012, 10:22 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Right there with you on this.........

My 4 year old granddaughter is a handful and a half, by the time i pick her up from Day Care she is all over me, jumping on me, playing, wanting everything....so after working a 10 hour day, that is what i come home to.

So when i have days like you had today, when my AD just takes all the wind out of my sails, it is exhausting....i had a bunch of that going on yesterday, and i keep trying to remind her and myself that this is ALL her problem, she created it, she's got to get it under control and fix her life if she ever wants to have a real life with her daughter. She has roped in my friend to bring her the mail from the house and other misc things she asks for....stupid stuff, like one specific bra she wanted - you're homeless, living in your truck, no job, no nothing but, you desperately need THAT bra...ok....yeah.

i can't talk to her, it takes too much restraint and drains me too much....texting is at least somewhat controlled and less emotional.

Kisses to that little grandbaby of yours...and peace and rest to you.........<3
Old 08-09-2012, 10:36 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

It just kills me that what should be THE most important thing in our daughter's life (the precious children) has taken a back seat to their drug. And like you, I find it so difficult to talk to her. I truly believe she's living in a fantasy world.
I would be moving heaven and earth to get my child home with me - but I don't have a drug controlling my life, thank God! Hug that precious grandbaby!