Notices

Day Four- things that rock!

Old 08-09-2012, 08:20 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day Four- things that rock!

Good morning world!! Okay it's almost 11 my time- whatever!

I woke up and had instant anxiety- "Oh crap, what happened?!?" You know what happened- NOTHING... because I didn't drink last night. :-)

My brain fuzz has really gone down but I don't feel 100% by any stretch. Last night was a lot of insomnia. Also, the cravings were more intense yesterday for sure. But, I got through it with mindful walking meditation and yoga. I bumped up the yoga yesterday and I'm a bit stiff today- but it's in a good way.

Making dinner last night was HARD! I LOVE to cook and drink wine. In the past- I called it "my happy place". That's a trigger for me, but I have resolved to keep researching recipes and continuing my culinary adventures- sans the booze. Because really, I'm not willing to give up something that I love so much over stupid alcohol! EF you alcohol! Honeybadger doesn't give a sh*t! :-) But seriously, the more practice I have cooking and enjoying, without the booze- the easier it will get. I did it last night, and I can do it again!

You know what else rocks? Waking up with a mouth that doesn't taste like you ate the rear end out of a rhino. It's the little things, ya know??

Not having a pounding headache or joint pain; My skin looks better; My eyes are brighter; All these things ROCK! I'm really looking forward to tomorrow, just to see what other positive benefits I'll wake up to. I know I'll have my struggles today- but I have confidence that I can make it. :-)

I am worried about the weekend, but later today I'm going to sit down with my husband and make a schedule for the weekend that we're both happy with. Hopefully, following a routine and having a plan will help!
Old 08-09-2012, 08:23 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Congrats, day four here to, feeling so much better, and at least in my mind, looking better. I'm worried about the weekend as well, not married, and just broke up with my alcoholic girlfriend. Thats all we did on the weekends. Supposed too rain Saturday, may clean house? ughhhhh
Old 08-09-2012, 08:25 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Congrats - and love the positive attitude! You're an inspiration! Stick with it :-)
Old 08-09-2012, 08:28 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Run to live... live to run

All of those little positives are great!!! Keep going, they get better and better!
Old 08-09-2012, 08:30 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I agree with the others - I can feel your positive energy! You go girl!
Old 08-09-2012, 08:39 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

take a picture of your face at weekly intervals...you will be so surprised at the end of a month...(nothing fancy, no make-up, just a face shot in the bathroom, you can see the bloat dissapate).

Imagine a saturday and sunday morning with no dragging around cos you feel awful. you should be sleeping better by then too.
Old 08-09-2012, 08:41 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Congrats ! That list will grow with your sobriety !
Old 08-09-2012, 08:45 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Ooo! I really like that idea about the picture! It appeals to my womanly vanity, as well as giving me the goal of making it to next week's picture!! LOL That's awesome- thanks!!
Old 08-09-2012, 10:33 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Powerless over Alcohol

Awesome stuff

Keep on strutting your sobriety and rockin it.
Old 08-09-2012, 01:24 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Thanks everyone!!! You guys are so awesome!!! <3
Old 08-09-2012, 01:30 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Beetle, last weekend was my first and I had an enormous amount of anxiety about it. Then, all of a sudden the weekend was over and i was still sober. Amazing how that happens. Keep up the good work.
Old 08-09-2012, 01:54 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Congrats Beetle!

Wow Fandy! Great Idea! Wish I had taken pics as I detoxed and stayed sober. It does not hit you when you see it daily as much as a before and after. As you can see by my avatar my eyes didn't shrink with the rest of my face though.
Old 08-09-2012, 02:01 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Administrator

way to go on day 4 Beetle

D
Old 08-09-2012, 02:25 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
I looked like that holdin beer

Awesome stuff!!!!!!