Notices

Day 10 and it feels so good

Old 08-08-2012, 06:34 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 10 and it feels so good

Today is Day 10 and I am feeling great! This has been a tough time to decide to do this however. Since I put the drink down I have had, Last Wednesday, girls wine night, Saturday- a friends birthday party (hosted by me), Monday-friends going away get together (at my house) and Tuesday-dinner and out for another friends birthday, Tuesday-my best friend of 20 years left for her new home 600 miles away! WHEW! If I can make it through this craziness, I have a lot of faith for the future. I did everything the same as normal, I just DID NOT drink! It was great! I had fun, remembered my times, and woke up feeling refreshed and energized. I have been going to yoga, and the gym and eating healthy. My boyfriend and I are spending more quality time together. I know it has only been 10 days but I am seeing grand benefits. Every event this past week has not been extremely easy, but not hard either. It takes getting through that first 30 min-1 hour when you are realizing that, no, you are not drinking tonight, then all is well. For me, this mostly comes out of habit and its just that is what I would usually be doing. I have been making a lot of coffee! Last night was the first night that something happened and I thought a drink could cure it. When I said bye to my best friend of 20 years. I cried, she cried, this is the first time in that long that we will be this far apart. When my boyfriend and I left, we were headed to his best friends bday party. At this moment in the car, I thought, a drink would be AWESOME right now. We are going to a party and I am feeling sad. Wouldn't that cure my troubles? Then I kind of came to, slapped myself on the wrist and realized "No, it woun't solve anything and you will feel worse in the morning because you will be hungover, not able to do what you want with your day, etc." So, after I came back to reality, it was decided already. NO! I'm obviously not drinking tonight. That would ruin everything!

Thanks for letting me share!
Old 08-08-2012, 06:40 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Sunshine19,

It sounds like you are on your way! It is amazing how taking the alcohol out of your life can make such a difference. Best wishes.
Old 08-08-2012, 07:24 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

A sober life just gets better and better, trust me xx