Notices

I Feel Great Today

Old 08-07-2012, 11:20 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I Feel Great Today

No anger, no fogginess, just good. I will have to listen to my journal, but I'm pretty sure this is day 20. The journal, by the way, has helped tremendously. I've noticed that, in the past, my streaks of sobriety have ended when my journal has. It's largely just me rambling, but it seems to help.

I was unaware until about a week ago, but I was dealing with some serious PAWS issues: Extreme anger, irritability, unable to think coherently. Today is the first day where I've felt... Normal.

And, to be honest, I am glad. I was beginning to worry. My logic was telling me it would get better, but my brain was telling me that a drink would make me feel normal again. To actually feel normal, even if I don't feel normal tomorrow, is a relief. It lets me know that, eventually, I will feel like this all the time.

And, on another note, I had a nasty habit (As if drinking every night weren't enough) of smoking cigars when I drank. I stopped drinking, and the smoking stopped along with it. I sure would love to smoke, but it would just lead to drinking, and vice-versa.

Anyway, now I am starting to ramble and go off topic. I guess I'll just end it here.
Old 08-07-2012, 02:51 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Really glad you're feeling better Angryguy (I feel silly calling you that now ).

I had to give up smoking with the drinking too. They're both nasty habits. And when you drink to feel normal every day it's not surprising that reflex takes a while to go away. Any day now.... Glad you're feeling normal x
Old 08-07-2012, 03:24 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
SoberOutlook

Nice post, AG! Glad you are feeling better. Keep up the great sobriety!
Old 08-07-2012, 03:29 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Powerless over Alcohol

Good stuff isnt it. Only gets better
Old 08-07-2012, 03:39 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

keep it going AG

D
Old 08-07-2012, 03:42 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hi AG,
I am on Day 23 and dealing with PAWS the past week, it's awful. I know it will come and go the first while.

Thanks for sharing, reading your post reminds me that it is a temporary discomfort and I will feel better. I, too was thinking of drinking just to feel normal again. I won't thought, just need to ride out the rough days and the reward will be so much worth it.

IMT