A happy update! :)

Old 08-06-2012, 06:45 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

A happy update! :)

Hello, dear friends. I haven't checked in for quite some time and wanted to update you on my situation. When last I was here, I had ended things with ABF (who had crossed the line one too many times -- was an absolute drunken ass the night before my birthday, which also was the day I was moving into my new place. I refused to talked to him. Had my friends help me move, etc). I was completely done. Our relationship was a lost cause.

So I thought. Fast forward through lots of heartache, hurt, tearful and truthful conversations ...

Today, he celebrates his 30 days sobriety. That probably does not sound like a long time, still it is about 29 more than he ever has done before. He attends AA meetings every day. He has a sponsor he really likes. He is going to an extra mass mid-week. He listens to AA lectures on the road. He has told friends/family he is doing this. He is seeing the payoff in every aspect of his life (better sleep, more peace, less anxiety, more patience) and says he only wants to go forward.

As for me, I'm still seeing my therapist and I'm focusing more on my faith (I have attended a few Al-Anon meetings, although so far it isn't a fit for me). I am finally moved in and settled (both in my place and in my life) and feeling truly blessed and happy.

I can't say what the future holds, only that for the first time in a long time, I'm truly excited about the possibilities.

I can't say what will happen with him and me weeks and months from now. I only know what will happen a few hours from now -- he will call me, completely sober, to say goodnight.

Much love and hope to all of you,
Jessie
Old 08-06-2012, 07:05 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I'm new here and don't know much about much, but I'm genuinely happy for the both of you!
Old 08-06-2012, 07:34 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

i've been wondering how you were doing, jessie! i'm so happy you updated and that things are going well. big hugs!

misty
Old 08-06-2012, 07:57 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hi Jessiec and welcome back,

Im on a bit of a high today with my AH of 24yrs, sober for a year today. Its been an amazing year, the best and I feel blessed and happy too, so I know how you feel.

Much love and hope to all of you,
Jessie
And to you.
Old 08-06-2012, 09:11 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Good luck to the both of you!
Old 08-07-2012, 12:15 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Its great to read such positive updates... they are all to rare!

Wishing you everything that you wish yourself.
Old 08-07-2012, 05:57 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Good for you!!

Always nice to read something positive and inspiring.

Hopefully we'll be reading more and more posts like this.

God Bless.
Old 08-07-2012, 08:23 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

What a good start! Sounds like he has the best intentions, I hope they last lifelong! Hugs!
Old 08-07-2012, 08:27 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Thank you both for the positive updates! Continued best wishes that the good days and the progress continue!
Old 08-07-2012, 09:40 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Thank you for post! As others have said, they are few & far between & sooooo nice to hear a good one!
OhBoy
Old 08-07-2012, 11:35 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

I am still so pleasantly amazed by this. I had given up all hope here. It seems this was the bottom (recognizing his drunken douchy behavior losing me, disappointing my friends and family, letting so many down) he needed to turn things around. He did this before we began speaking again -- before w even knew I would speak to him again -- so it isn't for me, although I know he loves me. He used to make excuses for everything and now there are none -- if he has work late, it means waking up at 5 to go to the 6 am meeting etc.

We both have turned our lives over more to The Lord (our higher power). And God is good.