Notices

2 Weeks down

Old 08-06-2012, 04:22 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

2 Weeks down

Today is my 13th consecutive day sober, I've done that about 30 times but this time feels a bit different. I am finally almost comfortable with the thought of never drinking again. Usually I would be saying in my head that maybe one day It will be OK to drink again, but I think as many of us know it just doesn't work that way.

Unfortunately my hypochondria and anxiety is forcing me to believe that I somehow have mouth cancer (I always have a new illness, depends on the week). I have been chewing tobacco as sort of a replacement for the times I would usually drink. I have not even been doing it for 2 months but I keep worrying that I already have it. I am quitting after today and will be going to the dentist just to ease my mind.

Anyway, I am happy to be sober from alcohol and I am really enjoying sobriety, no more waking up wondering where my next bottle is coming from, no more sneaking drinks at work, and no more hiding my problem from everyone.

Thanks to all
Old 08-06-2012, 05:16 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

congrats on 2 weeks Prodigy - and congrats on giving up the chewing baccy too...
I'm sure all will be well with your mouth, but it must be better to stop, for sure...

D
Old 08-06-2012, 05:20 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Congrats!
See your doc to be sure with anything but many find their other issues also go away after being sober for a good long time. I was over the worst after the first few weeks but at almost two years now am still noticing improvements.
Old 08-06-2012, 05:24 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Great news, prodigy. I felt the same way the last time I quit. (I'm now headed to 5 yrs.) Previously, I held on to the hope that I could have a few now and then. The last time, I knew it was game over. It would be far too dangerous for me to pick up again - I doubt I'd ever make it back to my sober life. It really is such a feeling of relief and freedom to be done with it.

I hope your other problems will be resolved soon - good that you're seeing a doctor.