Notices

Day 1 - feeling good, but I always do on the first day

Old 08-06-2012, 12:55 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 1 - feeling good, but I always do on the first day

I worked until 2am last night so luckily I was so tired that I passed out without alcohol as soon as I got home. I got up and actually took my poor dog to the dog park since I wasn't hungover; and met a really cool girl my age. I'm not sure how drinking came up but she said she was looking for friends that don't want to party so much because "college is over".

It felt meant to be that I would make a friend that wants to go hiking, surfing, etc instead of drinking on the first day after saying I would stop. I didn't say anything about having a drinking problem, just that i was looking for the same kind of friends. It was great.

I'm starting horseback riding lessons today. They are expensive ($60 per week) but that's my bargaining chip with myself. If I buy no alcohol (something I typically spend probably $80 per week on) then I can go do this thing I've wanted to do forever. I'm excited!

It's 10am and I REALLY want some whiskey...but the prospect of going riding does help. Here's to hoping I can hold out for the day.
Old 08-06-2012, 01:20 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

So strange how certain people come into our lives when we need them right? I think your idea of horse back riding is awesome...replacing a negative with a positive. I'm on day 2...thought about drinking less than I thought I would today...now that I'm out of work I'd really like a drink but I won't. Just for today we can hang in! Hope you have fun riding
Old 08-06-2012, 05:16 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Aloha glad you made it today and when you ask for some help, whether you attribute it to God, or your own focus, it seems we do draw what we need from the universe. Seeing it for what it is and making the most of it is the key! Post over on your other thread and let all there know you are following up. Keep posting and hang in there with us! Lots more military around here than you know. Don't forget to click on the thanks button on each post that answers you as I did above on yours. That way even if you don't feel like answering we know you are around and reading.

Hang in there, take off your conditions, get free like we did.
Old 08-06-2012, 07:25 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Love the idea of using money that would have been spent on drinking on a new hobby. I think learning something new that you've always wanted to do will be a very positive thing for quitting drinking. It will also fill up spare time
and physical exercise will help you feel better.
Old 08-06-2012, 07:56 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

That's awesome that you are using the money that would usually make things worse and putting it towards something you will enjoy and better yourself. Feeling good on day 1 is actually an awesome thing, take that advantage and use it to propel yourself forward.
Old 08-06-2012, 08:05 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Powerless over Alcohol

Well done friend