Notices

New To SR

Old 08-06-2012, 08:04 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

New To SR

[COLOR="Indigo"]Hey everyone. Im not new to recovery, Ive tried this before. This is day two of sobriety from alcohol. I want to start AA maybe once a week or so in the next month but I find it more comfortable to come here. I am a single mom, in Ohio, with alcoholism. I drink til i blackout and it was happening average four times a month for the past year since I started drinking again. I have burned a lot of bridges and told a lot of lies to get me where I am today. I hit rock bottom the other night- I can tell my story to anyone who'd benefit from hearing. I consider myself a fully functioning alcoholic who loves to blackout. Day two brings me anxiety, stress, loss of appetite. Yet, I am so ready for this journey.
Old 08-06-2012, 08:13 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR Sikofitall x
Old 08-06-2012, 08:13 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Run to live... live to run

Congrats to you for making the decision to get healthy. It really is the best decision I ever made. Your kids will benefit so much with having a healthy and sober mother.
Old 08-06-2012, 08:15 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR Sikofitall - you're found a great place

I'm glad you're ready for the journey and I wish you all the best on it.
Old 08-06-2012, 08:49 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by sikofitall View Post
Hey everyone. Im not new to recovery, Ive tried this before. This is day two of sobriety from alcohol. I want to start AA maybe once a week or so in the next month but I find it more comfortable to come here. I am a single mom, in Ohio, with alcoholism. I drink til i blackout and it was happening average four times a month for the past year since I started drinking again. I have burned a lot of bridges and told a lot of lies to get me where I am today. I hit rock bottom the other night- I can tell my story to anyone who'd benefit from hearing. I consider myself a fully functioning alcoholic who loves to blackout. Day two brings me anxiety, stress, loss of appetite. Yet, I am so ready for this journey.
Welcome and congrats upon day 2.

Do you have an immediate plan other than SR?

I worry about your child(ren) and your blackouts. There are a lot of potentially ugly scenarios; your sobriety is of utmost importance for both you and your family.
Old 08-06-2012, 11:15 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Powerless over Alcohol

Hello and Welcome

I am glad to hear your using a little AA espeically here in Cleveland where we are so blessed to have such a gaint program. I live here also, and hit meetings daily. We have just over 1,250 a week to choose from in Cleveland alone.

Would love for you to get out a bit more and get active. I am a male, but I know many great women that would love to take you under their wing. I am out in Middleburg Hts.
So if you like , let me know just pm me, and we could get working on a strong foundation.

Wishing you all the best.

Good love, Inda
Old 08-06-2012, 03:39 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Powerless over Alcohol

Glad to see your using the chat room, I was glued there every day and night for the first 6 months easy. Great people .

Stay on the beam.
Old 08-10-2012, 04:36 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Day six

i am struggling hard today. i would like to go to a meeting again soon. i havent been in four years but i know i need it. I am dying for a drink (well, a twelve pack) right now. I will get through the night but i must get to a meeting or talk to someone soon. Thanks to this site for support it has helped in such a huge way.
Old 08-10-2012, 05:10 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hope you can find a meeting sik

D
Old 08-10-2012, 05:54 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
~sb

Alcoholics Anonymous Cleveland Ohio Call and talk and also ask about meetings in your area!

aa online chatroom also has scheduled meetings daily. AAOnline Java Chat Meeting Room

Welcome to SR!
Old 08-10-2012, 09:21 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
SR Fan

Welcome sikofitall!

Drinking was on my mind constantly in the beginning and I thought the cravings would never end, but everyone told me it would get better/easier as I went along. And it did (thankfully!)

Each time you get through a tough spot, you get a little stronger. Be patient with yourself and stay close to this forum when you feel the thoughts coming on. Glad you're here!