Back on the Rollercoaster

Old 08-06-2012, 12:16 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Back on the Rollercoaster

He moved out a little over a week ago and I felt like I was gaining ground with my recovery. But he slowly chips away at me until I take a step back and realize he's pulling me down again. I'm stressed and tense and find myself wanting to assent to his terrible attitude and his unreasonable wishes in regard to visiting with our kids. He's twisting my words around and just being a jerk in general. Then he tries to make me feel sorry for him by saying I'm breaking his heart.
I want him to stop. Why can't he just be an adult? He has a chance to be working on his recovery and he more interested in guilting me. I'm trying to detach but he still has 87% of his stuff here and a key. I'm getting the key situation taken care of tomorrow. He just disrupts the little peace I have.
Finally, would you all consider this "clean time" for him since he's now on methadone? I really don't think it is but I dont know if I'm being too hard on him. Its still a drug and I'm still very very concerned about how he'll deal with coming off of it. He just started this week and wants me to let him drive with the kids and see them for a little while unsupervised. So far my answer is No.
Thanks for reading.
Old 08-06-2012, 12:24 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

..I'm no expert,but clean time is clean time----it seems methadone & subox & the
like are tools to get clean....not the final destination.

My commendations for standing your ground.
Old 08-06-2012, 01:54 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Methadone and subox are often used but keep in mind they can be abused as well ...

Look at ACTIONS and listen to your GUT
Old 08-06-2012, 05:22 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I feel for you, having to listen to his quacking. It is very hard not to cave and I am so impressed with how you are maintaining your boundaries. He still acts very much like an addict, base your judgements on his actions.