Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > New to Addiction and Recovery? > Newcomers to Recovery
Reload this Page >

Taking something intangible and making feel like I can touch it...

Notices

Old 08-05-2012, 12:50 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Powerless over Alcohol

Good afternoon,

Well as the this first weekend of August comes to a close. I hope everyone had some good things happen to them in the last couple days. We go t some much needed rain and it came late night so I made for even better than normal sleeping.

When I first came into AA I was offered something I completely didnt understand or could comprehend. It was offering me this intangible thing of a psychological and spiritual program. Like I said I had no clue to what this really meant all I knew was I just wouldnt stay alive living the way I was, or if I did eventually it be a ugly long alcoholic death. So I listened and just kept coming back as I was told. Bring the body and the mind will follow.

For those that choose it , it really is a wonderful program to teach me how not only to not drink, but the most important how to live without drinking. I struggled with the whole Higher Power thing, but my soon to be co-sponsor help me with. I first just took the people in the rooms as my higher power. I could understand that process. And within taking that suggestion it gave me the extra strength I needed to find the first of my peace of mind thinking.

Then all the other things began I started to reeducate my mind (while attend as many meetings could, working the steps, getting active) . I started finding all these new intrests and just making daily living so worthwhile.

So now I have achieved a place with my own "god" and have become at least for today one of those modern mircale's they spoke of to me in the beginning. I cant thank those great men and women enough, but today I do what I was told and promised to me in the beginning. A great man here in the Cleveland area(rest his soul) that started and founded the largest alcohol treatment center here. Open for all men, with or without the ability to pay. He said go to meetings, pray, and help another alcoholic . That was the first time I heard those things.

And for today by the grace of my god and AA . I am sober. I hope all can find their pathway to peace. Whatever program you work or lack of , work it to the best of your ability. And stay on the beam. On to next week.

Thank you for reading my rambling.

And smile cause sobriety looks good on you!!!!!!!!!!!

Good love, Inda
Old 08-05-2012, 04:14 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Powerless over Alcohol

I wish all a nice evening. I am off to a sunday night meeting.

Take care all