Notices

day 4

Old 08-04-2012, 07:28 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

day 4

It's day four for me today. I went to a meeting and hung around chatting first thing in the morning and felt great. So great in fact that I got to thinking I should bump it up a notch, or maybe a couple notches starting with some bourbon. I nipped that line of thinking in the bud and then I felt the world closing in and my thoughts turning dark and depressed. It's almost as if the addiction is trying things to get me to go out again. "Hm happy is not working let's try depressed and see if that gets this fool drinking"

STFU stupid addiction

I have to do a better job at recovery this time. At least I'm hanging around chatting.
Old 08-04-2012, 07:44 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Keep going to those meetings. Get involved.

The program will get you, you won't get it. You will recover in spite of yourself.

All the best.

Bob R
Old 08-04-2012, 07:45 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

G ... What your going through is completely normal. Your AV will be there always trying to get us to drink. " it " is not in control. You are. It cannot drink unless you drink. It quite frankly is nothing unless you give it energy.

When it asks... And it will in very cunning ways. Shut it down. Then you can do what it you want to.

That's the basis of AVRT.

Glad your staying sober and connected here to share.

I am staying sober and have a party to go to. I will be shutting down my AV a lot today. But I want to come back here later and share how I did that.

Have a good day.
Old 08-04-2012, 07:48 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

God job on telling your addiction to be quiet. Remember that your addiction will tell you all sorts of things to try and get you to pick up that drink but you do not have to listen to it and you do not have to act on it. Cravings are not commands - you can ride them out and learn to be stronger than them. Good for you for being strong... you can do this... keep going. All the best to you x
Old 08-04-2012, 08:06 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

It's quite an up and down ride to start with, as time goes on the urges get less and the new behaviour more routine .

To drive any ideas i have of drinking away. I focus on the bad consequences of my drinking , i picture in my minds eye and remember the feelings of my last hangover, I try and hold that thought and those feelings for a couple of mins . seems to drive any crazy thoughts i have away .

Good luck , M
Old 08-04-2012, 08:08 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

really great job on 4 days.
Old 08-04-2012, 10:32 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Powerless over Alcohol

I get those thoughts still, but thanks to AA I can work thru them. The ease it takes lots of time though. I sure didnt drink for a couple week, months, but decades. So it takes some time.

Keep going and get that sponsor work those steps, and be active in the rooms. That way you can be a good member of the program. And a great person for yourself and others.