He received protection order today

Old 08-03-2012, 08:01 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

He received protection order today

I filed a protection from abuse order against my AH (separated) because he threatened to make our children parentless (his word) over a month ago when I told him our marriage was beyond repair. It took some time to get the order to him because he is out of state where he had taken a job to dig us out of the financial hell we were in but was fired months ago (but never bothered to tell me I found out)
All I can think about is how mad he probably is and how it is impacting him.
I hate that alcoholism put me in this position. He became progressively more cruel and emotionally abusive ---there was no denying the escalation and progression of his rage and his disease. I know I had to call the police and (later) file the order but now he is probably more full of rage at me than ever. I (wrongfully) keep thinking if I had managed it differently I wouldn't be in this awful place.
Today I feel like my every conscious thought is about him and how he is feeling.

I know I need to focus on what is best for me and my boys but I feel like I am being sucked up by a tornado.

Thank you all in the SR family for being there. I hope and pray that I can soon post words here that will comfort and support others in the way the posts I have read have helped me
Old 08-03-2012, 08:36 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Sending hugs, Mamakit.
Old 08-03-2012, 08:53 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
peaceful seabird

Sending you encouragement and support!
Old 08-04-2012, 03:12 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Oh, MamaKit, I'm sorry to hear that you spent yesterday on pins and needles. I hope today will dawn a little brighter.

I think you absolutely did the right thing, and now you won't have to be on the receiving end of his direct abuse....and if he tries, you can report it to the police who will take care of it.

Have a wonderful, peaceful weekend. Enjoy some fun times with your children!!