an other kid's question for the weekend

Old 08-03-2012, 06:01 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

an other kid's question for the weekend

Here is the situation.
my rh (separated) has had this girl visit 2 weeks ago for a week. Meaning she left a week ago. The following monday (4 days ago) he called me telling me that he does not even like me anymore and that we need a clean break.

We have not spoen in any way since monday night. Before all of this he would usually spend most of saturday with our son and then have dinner with us. It is friday night and i have not heard from him about seeing our son.

I assume i am right in the assumption ;-) to not call him and ask what his plan is. I am a little afraid, that he will turn this around and say that i did not allow him to see his son. He has made lawyer threats on monday on the phone...
How should i handle this? I really think I am better off not seeing him. My son seems to be fine too. He is actually doing much better in the last 2 or 3 weeks since i have started to make some radical changes.
But in the end it not about me... Any suggestions?
Old 08-03-2012, 06:20 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

And also his 3rd birthday party is wednesday afternoon. How should i handle that? I have not told him about it yet.
Old 08-03-2012, 06:28 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Let him call. Let him initiate contact and ask for visitation. Resist the urge to call.

He can't say you didn't give him access to his son if he hasn't called.

I know it sucks and you are hoping for your child's sake that he will do the right thing and be a father, but don't count on it.

As far as birthday goes, he knows when his son's birthday is. Have your son's birthday. Enjoy. If he doesn't ask about it, it is his loss.
Old 08-03-2012, 06:37 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Funny thing is, i do not have the urge to call him AT ALL! I want him to just forget about us.
I think i will extend an invitation to his bday party. No? I invited all the other people that are coming... Any excuse to not invite him works for me ;-)