Scarface....and triggers

Old 08-03-2012, 05:20 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Scarface....and triggers

Just out of curiosity, does things like this...movies present possible triggers to As.

I just remember that one of AXBF's fave movies is Scarface, I never seen the whole movie but I know what is it about...yesterday it was aired on tv and saw a glimpse on it...there are several scenes that Tony (Al Pacino's character) is snorting coke and at one scene he has a huge pile of the substance in front of him on top of the table (loose not bagged). I know before that AXBF keeps watching it over and over, he plays heavy metal music too and have friends (although none As) who are in a band and would have shows but would be around folks who are using and drinks a lot...he likes going to this things...one time i went with him...i let him drink one shot...but that's about it.

I know its a silly question, and its not like we are together anymore but what should one do in cases likes this....do you hide or throw away the movie so he wont be watching it over and over?
Old 08-03-2012, 05:39 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

I know its a silly question, and its not like we are together anymore but what should one do in cases likes this....do you hide or throw away the movie so he wont be watching it over and over?
No Mrs. Brownee, I just avoid watching it myself. That keeps my fear from being triggered and helps me maintain my balance.

What anyone else watches is up to them.

And by the way, there are many things that trigger the worst in me, fear, sadness, nausea, and anger...in time I have become aware of what the triggers are and I avoid them like the flu virus. But every once in a while a trigger catches me off guard...and that's when I run here, get it out and find my balance again.

And on a lighter note, I try to remember that even Scarface had a mama who worried about him. Well maybe that's not so light but it reminds me that some mamas have it worse off than I do.

Hugs
Old 08-03-2012, 07:01 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Drugs and Alcohol are everywhere... TV, Movies, billboards, posters, banners... Trying to avoid reality only sets oneself up for failure. Now, that being said we can choose to watch other shows, movies,... vote with our money and our time. Avoid or choose.. We aren't in charge of anothers mind, choices, thought process or anything a like.
We are responsible for US.
Old 08-03-2012, 11:28 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

You are reminding me how a month ago I found that AH was watching a show on utube about heroin, and I thought he shouldn't be watching that. Now I think the watching is more a sign of relapse than a cause.