Hi everyone, it has been a long time...

Old 08-02-2012, 03:31 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Hi everyone, it has been a long time...

Hi guys,
it has been forever since I last posted here. I have been busy with one thing or the other, but I guess I was mostly busy with living my life, feeling good and not thinking about alcoholism (almost at all), - which doesn't mean I have forgotten you.

I do think of you often, I still keep you in my prayers, and everyday I feel gratitude for everything this place has given me - and it has given me back myself. For that reason every success I have in my life I feel it partially belongs to you too.

So I am so proud to tell you that 2 weeks ago (on my 40th B-day to be exact) I graduated from University, (with highest grades, may I add). And already I'm thinking about starting post grad studies this fall.

Apart from that my life is good right now. I feel more centered and in peace with myself than I ever did. My kids are doing very well.
RAH is doing very well too, he is sober over a year now ( I am not even counting any more, can you believe that?), but my boundaries are cut in stone (is that a right expression in English?), that line that separates us into 2 entities is so clear and there is no confusion that can lead me into old patterns of thinking or behavior.
I don't know, it feels like I have entered some altered universe where everything makes perfect sense, where life is exactly what it is, no more and no less, and that is perfectly fine. I feel free, centered and happy.

If someone told me few years ago I'd ever feel this way, I'd thought they were crazy... Life is a funny thing, miracles do happen if we let go. Sometimes I think letting go is all it takes. At least it did for me. And I have learned that here. You have let me in on the greatest secret in life.

I wish you all peace and serenity on your journeys
Old 08-02-2012, 04:16 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
To thine own self be true.

Hi Sesh. Good to see you again. Thank you for the update. I am glad to hear RAH is doing well, with a year under his belt. Congratulations on graduating uni!!!
Old 08-02-2012, 05:18 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

great to see you again sesh - so glad things are going well - and congratulations on your graduation!

D
Old 08-02-2012, 06:24 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
peaceful seabird

Congratulations!

Thank you for sharing your update with us. It is so nice to *see* that your family has found serenity.

I'm so happy for you ~ your graduation gift to yourself on your 40th year of life! Awesome accomplishment! Good on you!

Peace and ((Hugs))
Old 08-02-2012, 09:12 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thanks for this post sesh, and welcome back!

It feels so good to read that you are centered and found a place of autonomy WHILE still involved with your RAH.
So many stories here, mine included do not have that happy ending (with the A still in the picture). And that is about you and the hard work you have donw, and the hard choices you have made, and STUCK to!

Good for you!
Old 08-03-2012, 11:47 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hi Sesh! Great to see you here and to read your update. Wow...congratulations on your graduation and for living your life for YOU. How far you've come!!

Hugs and high-5s,
posie
Old 08-03-2012, 12:38 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Thank you for the update! I so clearly remember your earlier posts--you are always so articulate at expressing yourself (can't believe English is your second language--and yes, "boundaries cut in stone" is completely accurate). Congratulations on all your personal successes.