Notices

Almost 1 week!

Old 08-02-2012, 11:52 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Wink Almost 1 week!

Hello all, tomorrow I will have 1 week sober. It is still up and down, especially emotionally. One minute I am feeling good the next I can cry at the drop of a hat. Crazy. I have days where I have cravings and others I don't and I am really hoping it gets better the longer I go. I will be going to an AA meeting tomorrow, I don't have a car so it makes it hard to get to them. I have been using this online site a lot this first week. Thank you all for your support and input!! Chelle
Old 08-02-2012, 12:00 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
SR Fan

Congratulations on your week sober!! It really does get better (just not as fast as we like it sometimes). Being patient with yourself helps and getting lots of support.

I was here constantly that first week, too. I figured it was better to slow things down and just focus on recovery than to let myself get overwhelmed and want to drink. It's a lot cheaper than treatment, too.
Old 08-02-2012, 12:08 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Chelle,

SR can be a great help in recovery. I'm glad you found us.
Old 08-02-2012, 12:09 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Powerless over Alcohol

Awesome on 6 days. I will congratulate you tomorrow for a week not today.

I am so glad to read your going to AA, I love it and wouldnt be here without it. As for not driving , I have not driven in over 2 years. The last 13 months of going to AA, I have walked to meetings if I didnt have a ride. In the snow, rain, and sun. As far as 10 miles round trip. So I know how easy it would be stay say to myself I dont feel like it. But I can tell you , I knew once have walked out of a meeting and regretted it.

And the beauty is someone want to help you get there so just ask.

Good love, Inda
Old 08-02-2012, 12:39 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Well done on a week Chelle It can be an emotional rollercoaster in early recover but it is worth it x
Old 08-02-2012, 12:44 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
instant

Chelle keep going it only gets better. Well done
Old 08-02-2012, 01:11 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

Keep doing the days and the weeks look after themselves.
It does get easier with time, for me anxiety and stress started to decline after a couple of weeks and has kept on dissipating , when i look back on how i felt after 6 months, compaired to 3 months, compaired to 3 weeks as compaired to 3 days .

Bestwishes, M
Old 08-02-2012, 01:24 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

As Churchill said, "If you're going through hell, keep going." I've had a lot of ups and downs during my first week, but mainly a feeling of contentment that I am on the right path having chosen sobriety over... well, whatever you call that life I was living before! It really does get easier. I wish you all the luck.
Old 08-02-2012, 01:42 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Hi Chelle,
Congrats on your 6 days. Emotionally I was so over the place, it takes time but hang in there it is so worth it. I use AA and SR find them both invaluable for sobriety.

Love
caiHong
Old 08-02-2012, 02:35 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Administrator

way to go on your progress Chelle

D
Old 08-02-2012, 02:42 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Hi Chelle A whole week, that's wonderful! I had all those ups & downs, too - but everything settled down after awhile. It takes time to heal after all we've done to our bodies. You'll feel a bit better each day. Congratulations.
Old 08-02-2012, 04:05 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Sober since July 13, 2012

Congratulations, this is the first week of your new life, a better life. One where you no longer have the weight of the world on your shoulders.

When you have an urge or trigger, just breath it out (literally) into the universe and ask for it to be removed. Stop walking if you have to or sit down for 2 minutes.

Good things will come, sometimes quickly, sometimes slowly.

Get phone numbers at the meetings, TELL PEOPLE that you do not have a car, you will be surprised how many people will offer to pick you up and ask nothing in return.
Old 08-02-2012, 05:36 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Thank you, I am having quite a bit of anxiety today and I hate it but I am riding it out hoping it will dissipate over time.