Notices

Long time now

Old 08-01-2012, 02:19 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Long time now

Hey all first post on this forum. Don't know why I didn't try to find one sooner. Just going to say my biggest accomplishment was escaping my meth addiction. I am 1 year and 8 months clean from it with only one slip up around last Christmas.

The most recent ones are getting off of my addiction to codeine and pain killers. That's at about 2 1/2 months now. As tobacco and cut back on my alcohol consumption is at about a month.

Still dealing with all of the effects, mostly popping in my head every now and again. But the guilt from my meth days still pop in quite frequently. One reason I joined here is still dealing with the effects of everything. Want advice on how to get over the guilt of everything. You know that song by Blue October called Hate Me, thats how I feel.

I just know I'll never go back. I got a wife who I love to death, n she saw me go through my quiting of the codeine, tobacco and alcohol. She got the worst of me going through being a total ***** because of withdraw, and yet she is still with me. I couldn't put the one I love through me going through that again or even detoxing from meth again.

Well that was my hello so hope to see y'all around n help out n get help.
Old 08-01-2012, 03:52 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Congratulations on what you have accomplished. I was just counting on the calendar and found myself at 88 days off oxy and was feeling proud and then run into you who has that much time away form meth. I have a police officer "friend" who tells me it isn't possible with meth but I have seen quite a few here. So you have done something quite extraordinary and deserve respect. Guilt is a part of getting over all this shiit. Eventually when the time is long enough it will get less. Remember that there isn't a damn thing you can do about the past. It is gone and out of reach. Remember where you are now and how hard it was to get there and what an a accomplishment it is.

Remember as well that the battle is never won. You are never cured and can never use. I was clean over 10 years and then fell into a bucket of shiit for 3.

I stopped when I finally saw through the fog and became aware of the pain I was causing my dear wife. It is nice to have a focus and one who will stay with you but you are the one who has to do it and in the end it is for you.

Now I have to go to work but will check back.
Old 08-01-2012, 11:14 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

WElcome .

Glad you are doing so well....thanks for joining us
Blessings to you and your wife as you continue to move forward
Old 08-02-2012, 12:25 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Good to see you on here!!! I am happy to see you are motivated, and that you feel for how your wife has been there for you. My husband had to endure my painful withdrawals, me treating him like shi* when I was out of pills, and the list continues. There is so much more to our short life then popping pills, snorting lines, drinking until we are so hungover the next day we are worthless. I am very proud of you. Stay strong my friend'