Notices

Uhhgggggg

Old 07-30-2012, 07:07 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Uhhgggggg

I really want to get a drink after this night I've had at work pray for my strength.
Old 07-30-2012, 07:14 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Nothing Left to do but Smile.

It is your AV. It is so much easier to deal with your AV when you look at it for what it is. It is your addiction. It wants only one thing. Alcohol. You have the power to tell it no, you are done drinking. Believe it or not, every time you tell it that, it weakens.
Old 07-30-2012, 07:14 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
~sb

read soulgypsy's Not doing well tonight thread!

listen to xa-speakers.org

Love,
Old 07-30-2012, 07:18 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Powerless over Alcohol

Originally Posted by sugarbear1 View Post
read soulgypsy's Not doing well tonight thread!

listen to xa-speakers.org

Love,
Indeed sugarbear just wrote a great reminder.
Old 07-30-2012, 07:19 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

There were a few things I had to learn BlueRain...

A bad day is no excuse to go and beat myself up more.

There are healthier more positive ways for me to relax and destress- even if they take a little work and a little more time.

a good nights sleep can work wonders....noone here ever woke up glad they drank last night.

The ultimate price I have to pay for alcohol is far beyond money - and it's just not worth it.

D
Old 07-30-2012, 07:23 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Go to bed. When you wake up tomorrow it will be a fresh day. You're going to go to sleep and wake up regardless of whether you drink or not, difference being one way you'll have regrets and have those same feeling of hopelessness and despair, the other way you'll wake up thinking holy SH*T, i CAN get through it! And next time you have a bad day, you will be able to reflect on what happened last time and it will be easier to just go to bed.

We drink and numb becuase we're scared of our feelings. Let yourself feel them, face them, and you will be free.
Old 07-30-2012, 07:30 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Power through, Rain, power through. I've had a tough go today as well. We can do this and we can and will get through any stress without alcohol. I am going to brew myself some herbal tea now and breathe.

I am confident that tomorrow will bring more strength for the both of us.

I wish you many blessings and wonderful dreams tonight.
Old 07-30-2012, 07:42 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
SR Fan

Sorry you had a rough day, blue...... it's normal to have strong cravings when you're only a few days sober. You did really well to come here and post.

It takes time to figure out new ways to reduce stress and/or reward ourselves. I couldn't think of anything in the beginning, except eating (!), so I allowed myself to get carryout from some favorite restaurants. Mainly, I spent the first week here, reading like crazy! Maybe think about some ways you can reward yourself each day......? It really will get better, I promise!
Old 07-30-2012, 08:50 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Crazy Cat Lady

life is going to continue to through us curveballs. how we progress in our sobriety depends on how we respond to them. you can make it through this. you have the power and the tools to make it through the evening sober. take time for yourself, do something nice for yourself and remember that alcohol solves nothing. if you need a flood of endorphins, watch a few funny skits, eat some chocolate, take a relaxing hot bath...trick your body into giving you what you want without alcohol. low amounts of alcohol causes your body to release endorphins which is why people want a glass or two of wine at dinner or at the end of a stressful day. it is now your job to find other ways to get those endorphins. there are many options. you just need to find which one works for you.
Old 07-30-2012, 09:04 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Hang in there, Blue. We can get through this.
Old 07-30-2012, 09:14 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Happy to say I made it home DRINK FREE!!! Had a rough one at work but pushed through thanks all for the words of encouragement
Old 07-30-2012, 09:27 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Good for you, Blue! All of us here have so many reasons not to drink. It looks like both you and I are working on overcoming workplace stress. I am learning so much from everyone here about how to replace alcohol with a healthy stress reducer.

Day Six is right around the corner!
Old 07-30-2012, 09:36 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Life Health Prosperity

BlueRain, prayin for ya, please don't give in.
Old 07-30-2012, 09:49 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Powerless over Alcohol

Originally Posted by neferkamichael View Post
BlueRain, prayin for ya, please don't give in.
Ditto and glad your safe and sound at home.
Old 07-30-2012, 11:06 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Thanks Blue...thought I would strangle someone at work tonight..lol..instead of going for the bottle I came home and made my son's breakfast at midnight which they loved! Haven't done that in some time and never would have done it if I had some drinks..I Am very happy at this moment~B
Old 07-30-2012, 11:27 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

That's great, BlueRain! I know your family is so very important to you and I feel the same way. I was able to pick up a prescription for my wife tonight on the way home. I look forward to being able to just be there for my loved ones in a way that I haven't been before.

I think when we're struggling with stress and feeling like we might break, we should think back to experiences like these. It's also comforting to know that it will get easier to deal with over time. It already has for me, at least overall.
Old 07-30-2012, 11:54 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

I know Blue, most of the night at work all I could think about was stopping to get a six pack and relaxing..knowing the whole time if i did it would actually be a twelve pack. When I got in my car for home I thought of the look I would see on my sons face if i walked in with it and I decided then I'm not going to drink. Sending strength to you on our day six!
Old 07-31-2012, 01:00 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Life Health Prosperity

Originally Posted by BlueRain View Post
Thanks Blue...thought I would strangle someone at work tonight..lol..instead of going for the bottle I came home and made my son's breakfast at midnight which they loved! Haven't done that in some time and never would have done it if I had some drinks..I Am very happy at this moment~B
BlueRain, made your sons breakfast? You are FANTASTIC.