update? heart broken

Old 07-30-2012, 04:03 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Unhappy update? heart broken

Hi guys. So I wrote before asking for support for myself. Now I'd like top ask for prayers for my addict. He was sent home early from rehab because of health issues related to a severe hernia and also problems with insurance. He is still sober, praise God. However he is now back in the hospital. he went septic after an abscess ruptured which started this whole process it seems. Well it had damaged his whole body. More significantly his hearty. He is now considered to be in heart failure.

I go through periods of extreme sadness and becoming numb. I love my friend. And this horrible addiction is almost certainly going to cost him his life.

Please pray for his continued recovery from addiction and recovery from heart failure. I love him as my friend and I'm so afraid to lose him.

I'm at a complete loss right now.
Old 07-30-2012, 07:13 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I'm so very sorry. I'm thankful he is sober though. I pray this situation will prove to be one that will improve and you both will find comfort and peace. I care.

My son, too, is suffering serious health issues from an abscess on spinal cord. It is a dreaded fear of the consequences, but there's nothing I can do other than ask for prayers as well.
Old 07-30-2012, 07:45 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

you have my prayers for your friend & also for you. may God bless you & him both.
it is times like this that i say the serenity prayer over & over.it seems to always calm me.
Old 07-30-2012, 07:51 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

How sad. I'll keep you both in my prayers.
Old 07-30-2012, 08:21 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I'm so sorry to hear of your friend's serious health issues. He will be in my prayers.

gentle hugs
ke
Old 07-30-2012, 08:55 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I'm so very sorry for your friend and for this pain you are in...praying for you both.
Old 07-30-2012, 10:48 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

You and your friend are in my prayers.
Old 07-31-2012, 11:30 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I'm visiting him at the hospital today. the test results of his ultrasound show his heart is okay but they are still trying to figure out why his lungs keep filling up with fluid. Thank you everyone for your prayers and kind thoughts .